• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

It would now appear some of us will be spending more time, than usual, at our home, office/study, desks ?

Time 'to show' what desk pieces you have...

1975 LOOPING 8 day travel clock.

Cal: JLC 15 jewel.

Enamelled celestial dial & silver chapter ring, SS case.

eDwQexO.jpg

A4nnhuv.jpg

CONUOzF.jpg

Fmqn4q0.jpg

Presentation timepiece to the last Prime Minister of the Federation of Rhodesia & Nyasaland.

:thumbsup:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

hi alan

I have this selection to tell the time when to finish work ( soon to be redundant as retirement date set at 30th april ,covid 19 survival permitting :biggrin:)

deano

GV56Yeg.jpg

uUkYMzU.jpg

esndylz.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I too have several clocks, though I doubt you could call them desk clocks around the place, two of which have been the subjects of quite extensive repair/refurb threads. There was the Grandfather Clock Project where my inherited clock was completely stripped, cleaned and rebuilt...

Grandfather clock.

Then there was the Bentima Anniversary Clock project...

Anniversary clock

and I also have an Ice clock the same as the one pictured above by @deano1956

Wall clock...Ice clock.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

and I also have an Ice clock the same as the one pictured above by @deano1956

think I saw your one  roger and got one myself :biggrin:

deano

• Thanks 1

@deano1956

Deano

Retirement will hopefully open up an exciting new chapter for you, free from all the constraints/demands that comes with being employed.

I was reluctant to retire as I thoroughly enjoyed working, but circumstances dictated otherwise.

However, soon realised that I should have retired much sooner! :yes:

Time for DC & I to do what we want, not provide & maintain lifestyles for others.

Just pace yourself, Deano, you’ll be surprised what opportunities can, & will, come your way.

Enjoy!
:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

No, you're right, this clock is NOT on my desk but I couldn't resist showing it.

I am generally not a fan of Franklin Mint stuff but I couldn't resist this so called "Marie Antoinette" model when I saw one going for £35 some time ago. The movement is a design by Hermle and it chimes the hours and at the half hours. I hate to admit this but neither Kristina or myself are very good with mechanical wind-up clocks, and we tend to try out a mechanical before then reverting once more to quartz. In the case of this example, it stayed silent in my room for some time before eventually making its way downstairs to our sitting area. Then, after a brief spell interrupting our TV programs with its bell chime, it had to be silenced once again, and now sits there no doubt longing for someone to wind it up again.:laugh:

27ca3921-53ff-4054-923f-909035d3e900.jpg

f69f0ad2-4c38-405f-85ca-d23d8f1f1d39.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

This is mine, dates to 1978/9......

9mQsHQE.jpg

As with most of my horological acquisitions it was a 'project'....

2W0q4ez.jpg

8NntLce.jpg

I love the Boeing 707 circling the globe :cool:

d2fllnc.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Gordon's Gin promotional item from years ago.  Made from folded card with a quartz movement stuck on the back and held in place with Blu Tack :laugh:  But it remains in use to this day.

gin.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Another piece that's always present on my desk...

1940's MOVADO ERMETO.

Silver with lacquered slides.

CYXiKmk.jpg

7dbVJY6.jpg

krojGhi.jpg

yMs1Zv3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Bulova 24 hour extending tripod battery pendulum and working Gledhill-Brook time recorder clocking in clock....used for timing 710 housekeeping duties! 

large.ED7799D6-A14E-4925-B9CC-0F09A836922B.jpeg.1324244ed3522db8b188fd416337aaad.jpeg

Edited by bridgeman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, bridgeman said:

Bulova 24 hour extending tripod battery pendulum and working Gledhill-Brook time recorder clocking in clock....used for timing 710 housekeeping duties! 

large.ED7799D6-A14E-4925-B9CC-0F09A836922B.jpeg.1324244ed3522db8b188fd416337aaad.jpeg

Tremendous!

• Like 1

ff345e894943c074c238c317527ebbcb.jpg

On my window sill rather than my desk!!! Jaeger LeCoultre Atmos clock. A thing of beauty although it does need a service and small repair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My first post, other than my introduction post, so go gentle...!

I make my own clocks, not the movement, but the main body of the clock, from old whisky barrels. Have lots and lots of them now, in all different sizes and shapes. This one currently on my desk, was the first one i ever made, so is a bit 'rustic'! My newer ones have better finish, some have indices in different types of wood, but we all have to start somewhere. And it tells me when tea break time is!

The best thing about making these, is the aroma you get when sanding them down!

barrel clock