• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Duckfishbanana

Nordgreen Native Crystal Removal

I have a Nordgreen native watch and the minute hand has become detached from the spindle. The access hatch at the back of the watch is much smaller than the dial. Therefore it is not possible to access the dial or hands from the back of the watch. It is not possible to remove the movement out of the back of the watch because of the large dial. This suggests, although the manufacturer help desk says not, that the dial and hands can only be accessed by removing the crystal.  They have advised the crystal is removed by pushing out the crystal from the back of the watch. This is not possible as the back of the dial is in the way, as is the movement. I have tried to grip the crystal but there is not a “lip” to grip onto. If any one has worked on a Nordgreen native I would appreciate advice and guidance

Unfortunately watch is not under warranty. With regard to breaking the crystal it is something I have considered but I can’t believe a manufacturer has made a watch where the only way to repair it is to destroy a key component 

1 hour ago, Duckfishbanana said:

Unfortunately watch is not under warranty. With regard to breaking the crystal it is something I have considered but I can’t believe a manufacturer has made a watch where the only way to repair it is to destroy a key component 

Unfortunately some watches are made that way especially in the lower price range