• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Since I now have to work from home I have no less than three video-conferencing applications to master.  But it is an ill wind blows nobody any good, and I have taken the opportunity to share some of my watches as my profile picture.  I think I will change them every week.  Anyway, currently I am using these three:

IMG_20200318_080716972(1)(1)(1).thumb.jpg.7573ac66c6e981e4b5048226a1c54aad.jpg

IMG_20200316_204929801(1)(1).thumb.jpg.8fab1dbd40367bfe556a2bc8f30b490e.jpg

IMG_20200318_131843281(1)(1).thumb.jpg.e637d406ea00ceb8238831a75bba2645.jpg

But check this out ....

Can't believe I nearly sold this chap:

IMG_20200318_221342991(1).thumb.jpg.4dfd70d26faa6b31d31c17398cbab49c.jpg

Do you have a watch better looking than you?  And just because it has a posh name printed on doesn't make it pretty!

Please post your best lookers.

p.s. The word you're looking for is 'lustrous'. :laugh:

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 1

Mine is based around my name. When I originaly signed up, 'Roger' was already taken, and he still posts occasionally. The next choice was the one I have now, and a comic hero of mine. There have been several different ones over the years, but the current one is a modified (by myself...the colours are different) version of an original Beano one and chosen because the red 'Roger' follows the circular shape of the avatar frame. Originally, the avatar frames were square, and other images fitted accordingly.

My very first avatar was a kingfisher (reflecting my angling passion) which I still have as my profile background picture.

• Like 3

Mine is my dog Nelson, sadly gone 3 years ago, sitting on my then very first lawn tractor I sat him on the seat and he put his paws on the steering wheel himself honest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Mines just a daft doodle and the relaxer7 thing actually is an old work user name which contains my second name. 

• Like 2

Mine is one I made whilst playing with photoshop, it was a photo of a Poljot of mine done in a sort of andy Warhol type style   Original pics below :thumbsup:

poljot2

DSC_3121

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mine is a Tokay Gecko, inspired by having one near me when I once slept in an isolated NE Thai village. It was the sound, very loud and metallic and it was surreal. I thought it was part of a dream. I mentioned it in the morning and was shown the guilty animal in his daytime hidey-hole, tolerated as they're good housekeepers, dealing with the nasties. They are the 2nd largest gecko's in existence, have distinctive markings and can be vicious. I'd love to have one outside the house here, as we did in Korat.

• Like 4

Mine is just My Sekonda AFC watch, with hip flask and Scarf for the football, the latter two are a real necessity, during the winter months,  the ground is at the Beach so can get real chilly at times, although season is over at the moment so no fitba. :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My avatar is based on actors/musicians I like.  :king:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Caller. said:

Mine is a Tokay Gecko, inspired by having one near me when I once slept in an isolated NE Thai village. It was the sound, very loud and metallic and it was surreal. I thought it was part of a dream. I mentioned it in the morning and was shown the guilty animal in his daytime hidey-hole, tolerated as they're good housekeepers, dealing with the nasties. They are the 2nd largest gecko's in existence, have distinctive markings and can be vicious. I'd love to have one outside the house here, as we did in Korat.

When I was in The Gambia I heard a noise and looked down the back of the bed - in the dark obvs - and thought 'Sh*t, it's a lizard.' but I thought about the ridicule I would get from the family if I freaked out so just ignored it.  When I checked for it in the morning it was a pair of underpants! :laugh:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

good housekeepers, dealing with the nasties

8 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

a pair of underpants!

Something else dealing with the nasties!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Randy Turpin former Middleweight Champion of the World.

It was said about him on the 10th of July 1951 

'In palace pub and parlour the whole of Britain held its breath'

When he fought and beat Sugar Ray Robinson for his World title.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have had my avatar since joining the original forum in 2001 or thereabouts and kept it when this one was set up in 2003

It's an African wild dog, I had not long returned from working in Africa and was probably still missing it a bit.

033head.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Jari37 said:

Ok so I 100% cannot work out how to change my avatar.   I mean - how hard can it be?  

You won't be able to change your avatar until you reach 50 posts...it's just one of the rules for newbies. When you reach 50, tap on your existing J avatar at the left of one of your posts and you will be taken to your profile page. On the top left, will be your existing J avatar with a small mountain icon under it (it's not there yet as you haven't reached 50). Tap on the icon and you will be invited to add a pic to use as an avatar. Just follow the instructions to upload a suitably sized pic...they have to be fairly small. Hope this helps...you're nearly halfway there!