• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Steve D UK

What spring bar removal tool do I need...

..for the bracelet on my wife’s watch? It’s a Longines Master 25mm and it needs a proper clean in my ultrasonic cleaner as it keeps leaving big oily marks on her wrist! I have a strap removal tool (I think it’s Bergeon 6767) and have changed many straps/bracelets on my watches but it’s just too big for this watch. I tried dangling the strap in the ultrasonic cleaner as deep as I could and it cleaned it well - apart from the very end links around the spring bar area which is where the marks are coming from. Any idea's? 

22-BE4-D67-7-AD1-487-C-9-DFD-E758-B16-DA

Edited by Steve D UK

I use a Bergeon spring bar tool 6767-F for bracelets, it has a 1mm fork which will release most bracelets

31 minutes ago, JoT said:

I use a Bergeon spring bar tool 6767-F for bracelets, it has a 1mm fork which will release most bracelets

That’s what I have. Just too big to go in this bracelet though. 

15 minutes ago, Steve D UK said:

That’s what I have. Just too big to go in this bracelet though. 

Does your have the fine fork on it? It's only 1.00 mm wide as against the standard fork which is 3.0 mm

Don't know what to suggest if it doesn't fit :huh:

1 hour ago, JoT said:

Does your have the fine fork on it? It's only 1.00 mm wide as against the standard fork which is 3.0 mm

Don't know what to suggest if it doesn't fit :huh:

Agree with JoT...I've always used the fine, 1mm forked Bergeon tip on all watch bracelets/straps, both mens and womens watches...and never had one yet that it wouldn't remove. Although my Bergeon tool was supplied with both 3 and 1mm forked tips, I've never used the 3mm one as it's way too big for most springbars.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JoT said:

Same here,great little thing.

As mentioned the Bergeon is the one to go for.

however I have had to use similar to these once, on a bracelet that refused to be shifted by any other safe means.

61dyrPb70EL._AC_UX522_.jpg

Edited by WRENCH
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cyclops930 said:

Either of these have always worked for me. emoji16.png

06ea9fa9c522a7f9744e1997ba49feb9.jpg

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

What make is the bottom one ?

30 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

What make is the bottom one ?

Bergeon 6825-PF chinese copy works well enough. :yes:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cyclops930 said:

Thanks.

I've got the 6767 and its light years ahead of the Chinese alternatives but I've got other tat watch tools which are ok.

1 hour ago, Cyclops930 said:

Poor quality steel imho, brought cheap and then bought a Bergeon (yep, buy cheap, pay twice)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jonesinamillion said:

Poor quality steel imho, brought cheap and then bought a Bergeon (yep, buy cheap, pay twice)

It works well and it removes the spring bars from my Rolex Tudor and Omega watches with no problem, none of the tips have broken bent snapped ripped torn or spindled. I have had it for around  a year now and use it regularly. If the tips had proved to be sh1te and broken I was going to buy Bergeon tips for it but this has not proved to be the case. There is a lot of difference between £20 and £175 for the Bergeon who IMEHO are having your pants down.  :tongue:

• Thanks 1