• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Steve D UK

Calling all bikers - NHS volunteering

Cyclists and motorcyclists. Off work? Stuck indoors? Getting bored? Same here so what I’ve just done is signed up to be one of those NHS volunteers. Collecting and delivering food and meds for those stuck indoors and unable to get out. Gets me out of the house, on my bike and doing something useful in these worrying times. Might be just the job for those getting bored at home!  https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

• Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, Steve D UK said:

Cyclists and motorcyclists. Off work? Stuck indoors? Getting bored? Same here so what I’ve just done is signed up to be one of those NHS volunteers. Collecting and delivering food and meds for those stuck indoors and unable to get out. Gets me out of the house, on my bike and doing something useful in these worrying times. Might be just the job for those getting bored at home!  https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

Do you have to get tested first ?

I've looked at doing the same, but any ad I've looked at requires screening first.

50 minutes ago, Steve D UK said:

Well done sir.

I would love to do this but sadly I may be one of the service recipients...

16 minutes ago, Cyclops930 said:

@Steve D UK 

Thinking of signing up any idea how much extra it added on your bike insurance. 

Don’t know. Funnily enough, I received my insurance certificate a few hours ago from the AA and it excludes food and courier delivery. I have emailed them to ask how much extra it would be to cover me doing voluntary NHS work. As soon as I know I’ll report back. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Biker said:

I would love to do this but sadly I may be one of the service recipients...

They're looking for volunteers to call isolated people on the phone and cheer them up.

22 hours ago, Cyclops930 said:

@Steve D UK 

Thinking of signing up any idea how much extra it added on your bike insurance. 

As I said earlier, I asked my insurance company and I have just received this response:

Dear Steve

We have referred to our Underwriting team and they say the policy covers you for the voluntary work as long as there is no payment for it and you are not using blue lights.
Kind regards

Toby 
Customer Services

So, I’m good to go. Just waiting to hear back from them. Taking longer than I thought - I thought I’d hear pretty quick as I supplied my current enhanced DBS certificate. Come on NHS, I’m ready, willing and able! 

Edited by Steve D UK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1