• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

The most interesting watch-related thing you own, that's not a watch?

Some people do collect 'peripherals' when they get a hobby, here is my most interesting peripheral, issue 1 of the HJ.

IMG_20200325_185931446(1)(1)(1).thumb.jpg.0ccedcedecee05d38c409b9d1214a263.jpg

What is your most interesting - watch hobby related - peripheral?

• Like 1

I'm fortunate in having access to most (if not all) of HJ's, along with many other publications. 

These are a lifetimes reading in themselves, & extremely informative!

This must surely rank as unusual...

o0234kF.jpg

Particularly as it's not for general sale.

Contents are always consumed.

:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

a white omega box with a red ribbon that wasnt for my watch. But it was a lovely box like a christmas cake. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

This must surely rank as unusual...

o0234kF.jpg

Particularly as it's not for general sale.

Contents are always consumed.

Surely they must give you some white bread to go with it? :rofl:

9 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

I'm fortunate in having access to most (if not all) of HJ's, along with many other publications. 

I bought a batch of old QP magazines just to get issue 33 I think it was - a quick scan through and they went back on the bay!

I believe if you subscribe to HJ back issues may be available electronically - when my subs to NAWCC run out I will probably subscribe to HJ.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

Surely they must give you some white bread to go with it? :rofl:

They often do.

It’s referred to locally as pain blanc. :yes:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

They often do.

It’s referred to locally as pain blanc. :yes:

saw a lambo in llandudo with that plastered across the front window like a 1979 ford capri. I guess @BondandBigM needs rolex across the window of his bm :biggrin:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bmw and rolex.................................

:laugh:

i guess its better than ford and seiko 

then again....

Edited by Nigelp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thought someone might have put up a picture of their new ultra complicated G-shock.:tongue:

Edited by sabailand
  • Haha 1

I own a couple of Rolex spoons, but I don't really class them as 'most-interesting', I am really interested by @Karrusel 's unusual related item as that is odd, and probably rather tasty.

The other day I found these on Ebay and they are odd watch related item to purchase...

L47Vmq4ZTf2J5dAz5aYg

I thought the were a wee bit pricey at $364 since I don't play tennis and a dog would chew them to bits in seconds.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

I own a couple of Rolex spoons, but I don't really class them as 'most-interesting',

You're not wrong there mate :Snore:

:laughing2dw:

• Haha 4

Careful Davey, you're on dangerous ground there... I took ENORMOUS trouble to write a Forum topic about the Rolex spoons but as you are not interested, I won't give you the reference.:laugh:

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, Nigelp said:

saw a lambo in llandudo with that plastered across the front window like a 1979 ford capri. I guess @BondandBigM needs rolex across the window of his bm :biggrin:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bmw and rolex.................................

i guess its better than ford and seiko 

then again....

do you have a pic's of the 79 Ford ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karrusel said:

Bit of insight into the origins...

You don’t sell your cheese?

“Five tons a year, I don’t sell it. I give it all away as a present, I give it to charity. Some top chefs ask for it. There’s only one exception – we are in a very famous ski restaurant in St Moritz called El Paradiso. The chef convinced me to sell him 330kg because he wants to offer Biver fondue. It’s probably the best cheese for fondue.”

What an interesting read. thanks for sharing the link. :thumbs_up:

• Like 2

A green Rolex wallet and a silver Bulova thumb drive. Oh, and a really nice Hamilton Key chain. The thumb drive and the key chain are Baselworld stuff, the wallet I got when I asked the sales rep if he had anything laying around. Though, I didn't ask for the wallet specifically. I just asked if they had anything they could throw in the bag with the watch. 

• Thanks 1

My tag heuer gegs are ideal for country pub beer gardens, which is sadly a bit irrelevant at the moment :blind::(

20200404_100919.jpg

• Thanks 1

Not necessarily my most interesting but hotly anticipated and here it is:

IMG_20200502_155410029(1)(1).thumb.jpg.62fac4872ec5ced355840c1ea42d4de8.jpg

It's so shiny!

I won't often be using it to take case-backs off, but I do use a bench knife routinely for swapping straps.

It's the little things in lockdown ...

• Like 1

I don't own it anymore but this was my most interesting watch related item!, Couldn't use it any more due to arthritic fingers!!

GqnkECK.jpg mnsChSZ.jpg

The fluid had been in for ages and was ready for all throwing away, The parts went in to the first jar at front left, The basket was rotated for a few minutes, It was then raised just out of the fluid and rotated again to shake off excess fluid then went in to the next jar and the process repeated, It then was repeated in the third jar, By this time the parts were spotless and it went in the drier at front right, The switch was thrown for the element in the bottom to heat up and the basket rotated slowly..

On top of the basket hlder there's a sort of impellor, Two of the vanes can be seen in the pick, This drew the fluid uppards and kept it moving, In the drier it drew the warmed air up and out of the top to dry it quicker and more thoroughly :thumbsup:

The movement was then reassembled and lubricated as rebuilt..

I sold it to someone, I think on here :yes:

EDIT- Forgot to say, When I bought it, It had the old twisted rubber and fabric coated wire!, Didn't want a tickle up my arm so I went and bought some modern electric kettle wire, Job was a good un!!!

John :)

Edited by johnbaz
  • Like 1

Not really interesting, but the only thing I can add to this topic - my Marathon desk pad with different product on each page. 

49944628287_6714b3599c_b.jpg

Not sure if this counts as interesting, or watch related, but it did come from @Roy so I guess there is a vague connection anyway:

20150831_162527

I think the other side is better (I've hardly changed since that photo was taken):

20150831_162714

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

First up

Genuine Boley German made watchmaker's precision drill press / grinder / etc.

DSC09599.jpg

Second up

Same circa - watchmaker's Rounding Up or Topping Tool

DSC09602.jpg

Thought I'd toss in a pic of 3 of my case knives...the 3 in the middle are the same ones just reversed & closed

DSC09604.jpg

• Like 1