• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Karrusel

Timepieces with music...?

Clearly, like many others I suspect at present, have too much time on my hands.

Inspired by a news item I had just seen got me thinking about a similar topic for watch enthusiasts...

The gist of the topic is to pair a song, orchestration, with a timepiece, whether it be manufacturer, model, style, etc.

I'll start with C1 GRAND MALVERN 'JUMP HOUR'

sdA4liJ.jpg

& the song...

Lets see your pairings, more tenuous the connections are welcome!

:thumbsup:

• Like 3

I just wonder, are there any musical wristwatches out there? It might be rather tricky to fit a musical complication into a mechanical wristwatch but I reckon a quartz watch could be fitted with a small musical element.:)

I have a couple of LCD's that have tunes for alarms. A Casio that plays a few tunes and a Sekonda that plays Oh Suzanna..

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Robin S said:

I have a couple of LCD's that have tunes for alarms. A Casio that plays a few tunes and a Sekonda that plays Oh Suzanna..

Okey dokey, pop them up then.

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Always"watching" said:

I just wonder, are there any musical wristwatches out there? It might be rather tricky to fit a musical complication into a mechanical wristwatch but I reckon a quartz watch could be fitted with a small musical element.:)

Aha! - this Sekonda played- and may still play - O Tannenbaum, as the wake-up alarm.

IMG_20200317_180243693(1).thumb.jpg.f5e2601e9f9d33fb0f68a4333afe9199.jpg

IMG_20200317_173904357(1).thumb.jpg.43865d651f0850c91a4c9f3a3d19d00f.jpg

I say it may still play, because I am pretty sure the high pitched electronic peeping is above my high frequency threshold now!

Anyway - Sekonda / Red Flag, and the adverts starring Derek Hatton!

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 3