• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Jari37

Tudor Pelagos. Is it really that bad on a strap?

Slightly fixated on a black Pelagos at the moment, but concerned it might not be much of a strap monster.  I'm told the lug design can make it look a bit weird on anything other than a super thick strap, and from what I can gather most people leave it on the bracelet.  Any owners able to comment on this?

I have two Pelagos LHD and Blue. To be honest. The braclet is so good & comfortable I have never felt the need to put a strap on it. The rubber straps that come with it fit well, look good but are not as comfortable as the bracelet. If you want a strap monster the blackbay is a far better bet IMHO.

• Like 1

Yep I'm reluctantly coming round to this.  On one level I fully know the Black Bay is a better idea for someone like me who doesn't particularly love a bracelet, but I don't seem to want to admit it.  Really wish the BBB had a date complication, because that's what I'm struggling with.

I have a BB steel which has a date complication & looks like a proper tool watch. Looks great on various straps.

For some reason, I'm less keen on the BB steel - it's the black bezel I'm drawn to with both the BBB (slightly blingy) & Pelagos (stark & tool-esque).  And after reading another thread somewhere else, I'm thinking again about a black Omega PO as well.  These are nice dilemmas to be having in a global pandemic no?

What's on your post-COVID shortlist?

After buying a Daytona, just before the shops closed, I think I will have to leave any further pieces until next year unless I get a call from my local AD about a BLNR, skydweller, or Hiulk where I would have to find the money. Yours? 

Niiiice.  Well I think you're several light years ahead of me in all this, so my wish list is a little more prosaic.  Currently, it's a Black Bay black, Sinn 103 plexiglass (plus maybe a U1 blue as a wildcard), a black Pelagos/Omega PO & a Speedy.  Current grail is an Explorer 2, after seeing some frankly obscene photographs somebody recently posted of one.