• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Jem

Seiko transistor pendulum help please?

Hi all - long time member, but I am more of a wrist watch man.

Can anybody help a little please?

I love this clock, had it for a while but it's started playing up - pendulum working fine, but hands just stop moving. A little investigation reveals that the 'catch' that propels the 'cog/wheel' isn't catching as the wheel teeth are worn down. (apologies, I don't know any of the correct terms, but I have included a pic)

So, I am pretty sure it's not a case of adjusting it  - it needs a new wheel/cog part (am I right about that?)

So, I need to know what the correct term is for me to search for that part and fit it.

Could anybody point me in the direction of a stockist please? And tell me the correct term for those parts?

Thanks in advance,

Jem

49722666488_2b56ff612c_c.jpgIMG_1937 by Jeremy Biddulph, on Flickr

49723519717_53689a7128_b.jpgIMG_1935 by Jeremy Biddulph, on Flickr

Just realised looking at the close up picture of the part - I now think that bending the 'catch' down a little (the arm thing attached to pendulum), might work? But I don't really want to risk damaging it. So, I'd rather find the correct part and fit it

I would call it an impulse lever

I doubt if you could buy an original, you would have to make one

I have the identical clock to yours!! The glass front has different engravings to yours............

Hi,

May be it is beter to show a video that shows what happens wrong. On the picture all seems to be OK. No point to bend the lever down, may be sharpening of it's end is beter idea. Old dirty oil is seen on the wheel, may be cleaning and oiling is needed