• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Davey P

Incoming - Another Casio Edifice

I've been thinking about getting another Casio Edifice for a while, ever since I bought one a few months ago and realised how awesome they are in the flesh :yahoo:  I recently sold 4 watches in @Roy 's excellent Sales Corner, just before he temporarily closed it down, so I decided to pull the trigger on a watch I'd had my eye on over the past few months, and... er... changed my mind at the last minute :laugh:  The one I wanted was very similar to the one I ended up buying, with a few small differences.  The new one is on a resin strap, not a bracelet, and it's got a standard quartz movement, not solar.  There were a couple of other minor cosmetic differences, but essentially it looked the same, so.......... Here's the one I ended up with:

20200401_134935

As usual my photographic skills don't do this one justice, in real life it's a beauty.  The dial has got a lot going on, with plenty of fine detail, but the hands are easily readable and clear, which is something I look for these days.

20200401_135041

The only thing that lets it down slightly is the strap, which feels nice enough and is decent quality, but it's waaay too long even for my big fat podgy wrist :laughing2dw:  It's got a nicely designed strap keeper at the end, but because the strap is so long it sticks out on the side of my wrist, so I think it will catch on things and annoy me.  Not sure whether to just cut it down, or keep the strap original and just replace it with something else. I'll leave it for a while and see how it goes.  First world problems, obviously... :tongue:

Overall I think it looks nicely made, with crisp detailing and has nice yellow highlights on the dial and bezel.  The steel case has a mirror finish on the sides, and a lightly brushed finish on top.  Unusually for a modern quartz, the seconds hand seems to hit the markers bang on, which is a good sign of quality. Also quite unusual, the case back appears to be a pop-on type, not screw down as you might have expected on this style of watch. The crown is not screw-down either.  Not a problem, just unexpected.  No doubt it will keep accurate time, as always from a Casio.

The watch features a 1/10th second chrono, which I guess is quite cool, but also a bit pointless because I won't ever use it.  I've just quickly checked the lume, and it's only applied to the hour and minute hands, not the hour markers. Not a problem for me, I don't need lume on any of my watches, but might be an issue for some people.

So there you have it, "4 out, 1 in" means the collection gets a much needed shake up, and I'm a happy bunny :yahoo:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

That looks great!

I'll be interested to hear how you get on should you decide to change the strap - when I briefly toyed with the idea for my Casio, it seemed to be a completely non-standard design. I thought for several seconds... and gave up.

Nice one, Davey. To be honest, I don't know how you managed to choose between the many good-looking Edifice watches. :biggrin:

Your photos are just fine.

17 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Got to love a bit of yellow on a watch...:thumbsup: Nice choice, Dave.

Yep, that pretty much decided it for me :laughing2dw:

• Like 1

That looks very nice indeed!

As has been said already....lovely dash of yellow too.

That's very nice,  ideal all rounder. I wouldn't cut the strap though, never seen one cut that looks good, and if you flip it it'll hit the resale value. Live with it or fit another is what I would do.

• Thanks 1

Nice watch and quite a bit different from the usual Edifice offerings. I have two and they are both superb IMHO

Thanks very much for all the positive comments guys, I really appreciate it :yahoo:

Now I've worn it for a day I can see the strap issue isn't as bad as I thought, so I will leave it all original for now :thumbs_up:

Oh dear, this lock down isn't doing my finances any good - I've just ordered ANOTHER Casio Edifice................. :whistling:

:laughing2dw:

• Haha 1