• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
horologicallyChallenged

NWD: My first G-Shock GA-2100

So my patience finally paid off and i got an ebay voucher which allowed me to pick one of these up for RRP.

Now this is my first G-shock and infact my first digital watch and I must say I am pleasantly surprised by it here are my findings and opinions on it so far.

The obvious

1) This watch is extremely accurate (+- 15 second per month)

2) I doesnt need the time changing after the initial setup

3) its tough and i dont have to worry about scratching it which is nice given how paranoid I am about scraping my Ventura Auto.

The Good

1) It is surprisingly compact, it is only 11.8 mm thick meaning that it actually wears slimmer than my SARB017 on a Nato

2) Despite being all black it is actually very legible, i though this was going to be more of a fashion piece but is actuallyproving to be a great daily wearer

3) It isn't too big, I only have 6.6" wrists so a lot of moder watches look silly on me but the 48.5mm case on this actually fits! (just)

4) It looks great!

5) It's a G-shock

6) It was cheap enough that my partner won't kill me for buying it.

The Bad

1) The initial setup was a pain and took a lot longer than any opther watch I own (thankfully I won't have to do that again)

2) The lume sucks, but the light is really good so the digital time is always easy to read.

49719776038_4241162cb2.jpg

49724439777_28b69bb698.jpg

49723587673_b4b08e2a20.jpg

49724120801_078e36eb13.jpg

49724438887_e647ab2fcc.jpg

49724120781_e77efee6b1.jpg

49720336071_c3850c0720.jpg

Really I would love to get a black steel bracelet for it but that can wait for a while but this is definitely a keeper and it fills a digital/beater shaped hole in my collection.

Hopefully my next watch won't be a horrifically overhyped one from 2019.

• Like 1

Blue Light Card were doing 30% off G-Shock @ Casio  this weekend.

ordered myself the GA2100 with Beth white indices as they had them in stock.

I guess it will either fit in as a replacement for my Hamilton as a duty watch or it won't. In which case it can go on the 'Bay. 

Joking aside, really, how tough are these? my Khaki field gets dumped in bleach and boiled on a regular basis (and has for nearly 16 years!) Kills straps, but the watch is fine.

Obviously a ""stealth" model. :)

G-Shocks are a collectible on the rise, and pretty good wearers as well. I am a fan and have two or three examples; I just hope that Casio doesn't start upping the prices too much because at the moment, most Casio watches are very good value.