Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
champ

WRYDT?.....

Recommended Posts

What are you doing today?.Wife and myself have been at home since last Mondays announcement.She has been to the pharmacy to collect prescriptions thats it.I will start with today.After breakfast i sorted through my vegetable seeds.Was surprised what was in the box.We have a small garden with a greenhouse.Started sowing this afternoon into plugs and pots.Cleared a couple of sunny windowsills to germinate the seeds.Started painting the shed with Cuprinol.Moved a plie of logs into the garage to keep them bone dry.Sorted out my headphones so i canListen to some music on you tube.Cooked dinner.Anyone?...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Had a boring lazy day :), Breakfast (oatiflakes, sultanas, desiccated coconut) , then on the internet for a wee while, shower, then up to Tesco for a couple of items, planned to go into bank as I walk past it on way to Tesco, but they were queuing outside so changed mind. Back home, some exercising on a Vibrapower slim 2 :laugh:. Had a cheese toastie sandwich for lunch while watching an episode of Rough justice (series recorded from C4). After lunch transferred some programmes from Sky box to pc for editing & watching at a later date, like to record whole series then binge watch later, followed by more internet. Did some ironing and watched another two episodes of Rough Justice. Had a cheese omelette for supper, then went and checked with elderly neighbour what shopping she needed, as i'm going to ASDA in the morning. After supper got a Gigandet watch, date and time set and wound ready for morning, then did 45 minutes on exercise bike (easy pace :whistle::laugh:), now on internet again. As I said lazy day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up shopping for the in-laws as they are both over 75 and the mother in law is on chemotherapy. Delivered shopping to their back door and gave them a wave through the window. 


went home and had some soup for lunch, (made it last week and froze batches)

did some washing and hung the clothes out.

Watched an episode of Mayans  :whistle: (American biker thing)

took the washing in and played in the meadow with the dogs.

made some cheese scones for Mrs T coming home.

went for a walk with Mrs after dinner.

caught up on TWF!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up at five for my morning trawl through the news, breakfast, stuck two new tyres on my bicycle, then off for a walk the long way round for the daily shop. Practising the "zigzag" social distancing walking technique. I walked past the local slaughter house/meat packers, and it was hugely busy, with large temporary buildings erected in the yard of which the rest was full of artic fridge vans from all over the UK, so something going on there. After all the panic buying the large store i went to only had me and another four customers. Plenty of stock too. Home, got a call from a neighbour asking if I could fix something on their outside water tap, job done. Time for tea and feet up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Repaired two watches, listed two more for sale, sent out (via DHL) another.

To be honest this self isolation isn't much difference than normal life for me, except no school run and children and wife making noise and eating all my biscuits!

I have found time to spend an hour a day reading, which is quite pleasant.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jet washed the bbq - Sunday is supposed to be nice down here and I've bought a whole beef rib section,  1 x joint the rest cut into ribeye steaks :) 

Edited by wrenny1969
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Teg62x said:

Watched an episode of Mayans  :whistle: (American biker thing)

 

Oh, good idea, will have to dig out Sons of Anarchy box set and watch again. Is Mayans as good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm back watching Russian films again, better with subtitles through. Plenty on YouTube. None of the "white sparkly teeth" Americana, and some excellent cinematography. Pot luck at selecting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Graham60 said:

Oh, good idea, will have to dig out Sons of Anarchy box set and watch again. Is Mayans as good?

It’s ok, not as good as sons, but lots of the same characters in it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eventually our Boss saw sense and sent us home, it was pretty much impossible to maintain the distance rules as I moved around the machine shop a lot either working various machines or having a look at other set ups and there was quite a bit of interaction with the other lads so no bad thing.

When I’m not working Big M is always keen to point out that I’m well practiced at being a lazy b@stard. 
 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

First day today and I never even went outside, we have a bit of food and necessities in and Big M is ok to go along with a bit shopping every few days as and when needed.
 

Up, a bit of breakfast then just toodled about the flat all day, bit of news on the telly, cleaned an actifryer that her daughter gave her a bit back by shoving it in the dishwasher yep I know it might never go again but hey ho and then mostly just did a bit of reading, plenty reading material on the internet to keep me going, made tea, another bit of enforced soaps on telly, more reading and a couple of films.

And that was about it.

:biggrin:

 

 

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished carrying three hundred kilos of salt tablets into the storage shed,I’m absolutes cream crackered now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

Eventually our Boss saw sense and sent us home, it was pretty much impossible to maintain the distance rules as I moved around the machine shop a lot either working various machines or having a look at other set ups and there was quite a bit of interaction with the other lads so no bad thing.

When I’m not working Big M is always keen to point out that I’m well practiced at being a lazy b@stard. 
 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

First day today and I never even went outside, we have a bit of food and necessities in and Big M is ok to go along with a bit shopping every few days as and when needed.
 

Up, a bit of breakfast then just toodled about the flat all day, bit of news on the telly, cleaned an actifryer that her daughter gave her a bit back by shoving it in the dishwasher yep I know it might never go again but hey ho and then mostly just did a bit of reading, plenty reading material on the internet to keep me going, made tea, another bit of enforced soaps on telly, more reading and a couple of films.

And that was about it.

:biggrin:

 

 

My mate said a team leader said to him

"look at those fu**ing apprentices, I'm sick of telling them to stay 2 metres apart"

My mate gives the team leader a lift to work :laugh:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Filterlab said:

The team leader sounds like a prize numpty! :laughing2dw:

Mentioning Irony to him would be a waste of time:hmmm9uh:

he must've been stood next to my mate in the first place to have told him :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

My mate said a team leader said to him

"look at those fu**ing apprentices, I'm sick of telling them to stay 2 metres apart"

My mate gives the team leader a lift to work :laugh:

Again similar there were three of us going in the same car. Our owner hates seeing anybody not doing something and as more and more people were baling out even one of the inspection lot was made to run a machine

I had to get it set up, get it running and keep him right meanwhile the manger was going around telling us to stay 2mtrs apart.

As I say just press the green for go button son and if there is a a Big Bang just run away.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

 

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Again similar there were three of us going in the same car. Our owner hates seeing anybody not doing something and as more and more people were baling out even one of the inspection lot was made to run a machine

I had to get it set up, get it running and keep him right meanwhile the manger was going around telling us to stay 2mtrs apart.

As I say just press the green for go button son and if there is a a Big Bang just run away.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

 

 

 

"If the distance to go says 100mm and you're 10mm away, start to panic"

I hadn't thought of this but my mate had mentioned everyone using the same mikes, spanners, allen keys, touching the buttons and screens and on different shifts:wacko:

They've been told the lay off at Easter is now 3 weeks.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to working from home whilst looking after a two year old and home schooling an eight. My missus works at the bank so still has to go in...

At this rate not all of us are going to make it through this! :scared:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, relaxer7 said:

I'm trying to working from home whilst looking after a two year old and home schooling an eight. My missus works at the bank so still has to go in...

At this rate not all of us are going to make it through this! :scared:

 

Think your self lucky

I’m stuck in 24/7 with Big M and she’s already driving me round the twist.

:huh:


:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Think your self lucky

I’m stuck in 24/7 with Big M and she’s already driving me round the twist.

:huh:


:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

Murrrrrrrderrrrrr

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

Murrrrrrrderrrrrr

There's been a bad case of accents that are never heard in Glasgow. :laughing2dw:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit of an update on the Actifryer I stuck in the dishwasher yesterday.

I let it dry out overnight, just plugged it in and surprisingly it still works, the small LCD display is toast but it still spins round and blows hot air, it was only going to be thrown out so a bit of a result.

I’ve told Big M to get some spuds peeled and chipped 

:biggrin:

Edited by BondandBigM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been modifying my bird boxes today seeing as the birds are starting to nest. Last year, both my boxes were attacked by Green woodpeckers.

large.20180602_102537.jpg.8f4c3b5b85ddd9e68c8a629970dbfa40.jpg

large.20180602_102606.jpg.77ba5ac369de35158649511bd0d93b13.jpg

This morning I have cut some old roofing slates to size and screwed them to the front of the boxes, and reinforced the entrance holes with some aluminium chequerplate squares. I also removed the old wooden tops and made new ones using slate again. The woodpecker might end up with a bent beak if it tries it this year...:laughing2dw:

large.20200402_141402.jpg.2eb00d110b4631dceb66cb0eb0c7950a.jpg

large.20200402_134515.jpg.bbdca20dd6277900dee775ea31a741f4.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing exciting, up at 6am, coffee and shower, out for a walk, visit the bakery, back home, clean the filters on the Dyson, answer emails, fiddle around with a big spreadsheet, read a technical report, read a book, read the internet, do some sit-ups and press ups, make a curry, watch TV then bed

Unfortunately I live in London in an apartment, no garden to dig, no workshop make things, no garage to mess around with cars :sadwalk: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up at 5 breakfast, catchup with the news. Finished off writing up a report that I'll have to type up and send tomorrow. Late morning, rucksack and shops. Afternoon, fire alarms. :bash: My house has six, each linked, so if one goes off so do the rest. Same happens if one goes faulty. Anyway, my neighbour had one go faulty, talked them through on the phone on how to trace the faulty one and remove it safely, and got some new ones dropped off for replacement/spares for anyone else who has the same problem while we are isolating. Tomorrow I'll replace all the batteries in my own ones. Emptied the bins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took a couple of hours this morning to help sort out my wifes prescription over the phone after a call from the pharmacy.Decided to have a cooked breakfast.Sausage,egg and bacon.Carried on painting the shed with Cuprinol.While i was up the ladder checking the roof it was good to have a chat with one of the neighbours.He is still working as an emergency plumber.Has a couple of days off so...............he is re fitting his bathroom!!!!.By the time i had finished another part of the shed it was time to cook tea.Roast chicken (portions) vegetables and gravy.Time for a sit down.I am looking forward to Gordon,Gino, and Freds new series at pm.The last one was hilarious.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...