• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
champ

WRYDT?.....

After finding another Roe deer eating my shrubs in my front garden, sprayed them (the shrubs, not the deer) with a homemade solution of liquid soap, water and 'Dave's Insanity' chilli sauce. Will report back on the effectiveness...if there is any...watch this space.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Been out for lunch twice this week two totally different experiences.

The first place we sat outside was very relaxed and relied on the customers for social distancing, order at the bar, wasn’t that busy so very relaxed. Food brought to the tables. More drinks picked up from the bar. 

Today. table inside and they were big on social distancing. Table service, Waitress kept her distance the entire time, Drinks, cutlery and condiments were bought on a tray and put on table for us to remove before the tray was taken away, card machine at the end was placed on the table in a similar fashion. I got the impression if they could have delivered the meals on the end of a two metre stick they would of. I get why they were doing it, and the meal was quite decent but it just didn’t make for an enjoyable experience. It was kind of what I imagined eating out was going to be like a few week ago and that was what was putting me off. 

• Like 1

Took Dave to the vet today, she's been scrapping with the neighbourhood pussies and has an abscess on her leg.

Poor wee pussy!

Doing some cleaning / sorting in the loft - nice job :tumbleweed:

Yesterday we went to Levengrove park in Dumbarton, first time out properly for me since lockdown.

T'was a great day.

The river is the River Leven, which connects Loch Lomond to the Clyde Estuary, it is spanned by Dumbarton old bridge.

20200726_151739 (2).jpg

20200726_151749 (2).jpg

The big rock is Dumbarton rock which for 800 years now has hosted a castle in it's various different guises, these days the castle is mainly a ruin and all that is left is an old Georgian barracks building, to the left is Dumbarton FC's ground and the large bay, front left is all that remains of Denny's shipyard, where hundreds of ships were built including the Cutty Sark.

20200726_153317 (2).jpg

20200726_160920 (2).jpg

20200726_160938.jpg

20200726_161058.jpg

20200726_161238.jpg

Spot the moon...

20200726_164346.jpg

Edited by Biker
  • Like 1

Hung my ladders on the garage wall instead of them cluttering up the floor. Beginning to look quite workshop like in the garage, now.

Paid the deposit on a 4x3.5m log cabin for the garden. Will primarily be a home office, though the missus says it’s to become a yoga studio at night!! 

Now have 6 weeks to get foundations sorted. 

So as I said Big M’s son got me a job for a couple of weeks. It’s in a local recycling place.

I’ll get you on the plastic line he said, money for old rope he said. All you have to do is stand there and keep your eye on it as it scoots along the conveyor and down the Shute to make sure there is only plastic and no cardboard or aluminium cans that might have been missed in the initial sort, job done he said.

50176832536_41501a96d6_b.jpg

:huh:

Didn’t quite go according to plan

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

15 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

So as I said Big M’s son got me a job for a couple of weeks. It’s in a local recycling place.

I’ll get you on the plastic line he said, money for old rope he said. All you have to do is stand there and keep your eye on it as it scoots along the conveyor and down the Shute to make sure there is only plastic and no cardboard or aluminium cans that might have been missed in the initial sort, job done he said.

:huh:

Didn’t quite go according to plan

In what way? Confused.GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Based on the MeRFs I’ve inspected, rather a large pile up of sorting to do!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

My shute got clogged up and nobody told me where the e-stop was.

• Haha 3

While in the garage after installing the new drill and grinder, I was annoyed that I hadn't thought about giving them their own power supplies, and that they were taking up two sockets over the bench. Today, I did something about it.
The two tools with no dedicated power supply...
Record Grinder

...because they're taking up space on my bench sockets.
Record Grinder

Time to do something about it!
Record Grinder

Half an hour later...
Record Grinder

While I was at, I raised the grinder as it was too low on the bench. 
Record Grinder

I could have made a small wooden table to lift it, but I noticed this little step stool at Screwfix for £4.99. Just the job and saved me faffing about making one. It's good for 150kg so I think it'll support the grinder OK. :laughing2dw: Just off to Toolstation to get a couple of 10mm x 60mm bolts to fix it to the top.
Record Grinder

Went for a boat trip along the Thames from Caversham ( just outside Reading) to Maple Durham and back. Some pretty impressive properties along the way. The boathouse on this place is bigger than my house! :swoon:

large.20200811_180349.jpg.31d72a5ef749ae51d0f38463fb21feca.jpg

large.20200811_180311.jpg.ade884303a6953b8606d29d1107db8ed.jpg

large.20200811_180420.jpg.8315027a38cfd799e0f011b4d36e8f83.jpg

This is Maple Durham weir, where we turned round.

large.20200811_180239.jpg.efcaffc3dae7376ba6f99def4ee7dd64.jpg

large.20200811_180212.jpg.58b2905ca9b1ce8097a76d3c3f6b5ec8.jpg

It was hot here today...the temp was recording 43o when we got back to the car...it had dropped to 40o by the time we had the roof down and on our way.

large.20200811_180108.jpg.4d2bfb9b476b20b198fa73a0fe837f63.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Some pretty impressive properties along the way.

Good to see our banking bailout money was well spent

• Like 1

I have being playing with Lego building an Audi Quattro I am 48 years old and really enjoyed myself :laugh:, I built the Nissan a few weeks ago 

IMG_20200813_151816.thumb.jpg.3d1b2a6c7ab4b2ee9380de83d91bb901.jpg

IMG_20200813_151940.thumb.jpg.6c2e0c17e5c1597af5efbd84e92f0fe5.jpg

• Like 3

Yesterday Caroline & I went out with one of my brothers & his wife to enjoy the local countryside...

Here I am getting in just the right place to take a  particular photograph...

DSC_0082.thumb.gif.9fd90efaf42567e9d952e73ca3ed7688.gif

& here is the photo I took..

DSC_0107.thumb.gif.ce8ea0b7aff4d0b400ff33cbbbf5e217.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 1

Why does everyone keep moaning about how hot it is? This is one of those things I don't 'get'. I go on holiday and everyone (except me) keeps pi$$ing and crying about how hot it is...then sit all day under a brolly or indoors...:crazy5vh: so why did you come then? Next year, book a week in the Arctic...

Last night, my house thermo was reading 31oC...and all hell broke loose...the wife was outside on the deck at 2.30 in the morning, moaning about the heat, and my two sons were winding up the electric bill with huge fans running all night. With 'er indoors outside, at least I didn't have to listen to her snoring all night. Me? I was perfectly happy.

large.20200813_171455.jpg.89d2ab9b2b2627aa77a896597df3487a.jpg

• Haha 1

Me too, 'otter the better.

Myself I actually went shopping today, no, no really, I did!  Apart from a couple of tubes, everybody behaved appropriately.  :thumbsup:

Then I came back and did a wee bit of work on my 1:350 scale plastic model of HMS Vanguard (Victorious, Vigilant, Vengeance), I have yet to take pictures though.