• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
champ

WRYDT?.....

1 hour ago, champ said:

Took a couple of hours this morning to help sort out my wifes prescription over the phone after a call from the pharmacy.Decided to have a cooked breakfast.Sausage,egg and bacon.Carried on painting the shed with Cuprinol.While i was up the ladder checking the roof it was good to have a chat with one of the neighbours.He is still working as an emergency plumber.Has a couple of days off so...............he is re fitting his bathroom!!!!.By the time i had finished another part of the shed it was time to cook tea.Roast chicken (portions) vegetables and gravy.Time for a sit down.I am looking forward to Gordon,Gino, and Freds new series at pm.The last one was hilarious.

That's 9pm on ITV1 tonight. Looking forward to it as well...the last one was really funny.

Day 11 of "lockdown" and I had to look to See If it was Friday. I've settled in to a routine. Up early to catch up with the news, then keeping in touch with friends via email and phone. Been busy this morning and everyone, including myself, are in good spirits. A good friend left me a copy of,

410ptcdizhL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

on my doorstep, which I've wanted for a while, so I'll start on that this afternoon. After evening meal, I'll be out for my exercise/walk. :thumbsup:

The Covid-19 outbreak hasn't really made much difference to my work life, apart from my monthly trips to Austria being cancelled.  I can get work easily enough via emails, that's what I do most of the time anyway, so it's been pretty much business as usual around here.  The only down side so far has been the payment of invoices, which seem to have slowed down compared to normal, but at least I am still earning and invoicing more or less the same as before.  Ruthie works for the Police 3 days a week, and she is carrying on going into work at the moment, although there is talk of her working from home if they can get the computers sorted out.

We are in the middle of having an extension built, and our builder has been brilliant, working on his own so there's no problem with social distancing. However, he had to go off site because the lintels and bi-fold doors he's ordered are not being produced at the moment.  I've had a couple of deliveries this week, for insulation boards and timber, so it looks like things are slowly getting back to normal.  However, the lintels are holding up the whole build, and he can't go any further without them.  Not really a problem, it just means the completion date will be put back a bit.

In answer to the OP, this morning I've been finishing off some drawings of spotlights installation guides, for a client based in London.  This afternoon I will be starting work on maintenance manual drawings for my Austrian friends. I've just started a chapter showing the engine and cowlings, which is always good for me because they're quite complicated, and therefore need plenty of hours work :yahoo:

The stuff I do on a day to day basis can be seen in the background of this pic, for anyone who's interested:

20190131_115625

:rltrlt:

• Like 3

On 02/04/2020 at 12:53, WRENCH said:

There's been a bad case of accents that are never heard in Glasgow. :laughing2dw:

I was watching an old film t'other day set in the Yorkshire Dales from 1949 about a road cycling club.

These southerners and an Aussie who played a posh bloke were all murdering the flat vowel accent reminiscent of Dick van Dykes cockney effort :laugh: 

Ey oop blah blah blah is that thee back, it's gradely ??

2 hours ago, Davey P said:

The Covid-19 outbreak hasn't really made much difference to my work life, apart from my monthly trips to Austria being cancelled.  I can get work easily enough via emails, that's what I do most of the time anyway, so it's been pretty much business as usual around here.  The only down side so far has been the payment of invoices, which seem to have slowed down compared to normal, but at least I am still earning and invoicing more or less the same as before.  Ruthie works for the Police 3 days a week, and she is carrying on going into work at the moment, although there is talk of her working from home if they can get the computers sorted out.

We are in the middle of having an extension built, and our builder has been brilliant, working on his own so there's no problem with social distancing. However, he had to go off site because the lintels and bi-fold doors he's ordered are not being produced at the moment.  I've had a couple of deliveries this week, for insulation boards and timber, so it looks like things are slowly getting back to normal.  However, the lintels are holding up the whole build, and he can't go any further without them.  Not really a problem, it just means the completion date will be put back a bit.

In answer to the OP, this morning I've been finishing off some drawings of spotlights installation guides, for a client based in London.  This afternoon I will be starting work on maintenance manual drawings for my Austrian friends. I've just started a chapter showing the engine and cowlings, which is always good for me because they're quite complicated, and therefore need plenty of hours work :yahoo:

The stuff I do on a day to day basis can be seen in the background of this pic, for anyone who's interested:

20190131_115625

:rltrlt:

Airfix kits ?:whistling:

3 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

Airfix kits ?:whistling:

Nope, these ones are a bit bigger than that... :laughing2dw:

100_7204

2 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Nope, these ones are a bit bigger than that... :laughing2dw:

100_7204

More glue needed.Nice kite :thumbsup:

Just now, Turpinr said:

More glue needed.Nice kite :thumbsup:

I only draw pretty pictures of them, I don't care what holds 'em together :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Davey P said:

I only draw pretty pictures of them, I don't care what holds 'em together :laughing2dw:

I bet there's a good view out of that canopy ?

13 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

I bet there's a good view out of that canopy ?

Yep :yes:

100_5727

:yahoo:

• Like 3

Been out for my walk, took the usual route over the motorway footbridge, and noticed a large increase in the amount of traffic (private cars) plus a group huddled close together at the back of a hilltop repeater station conspicuous as a result of their "savory" smoking accessories. I hope everyone keeps the "heed" and stays in at Easter. :angry:

Before the lockdown I can’t remember the last weekend we weren’t out and about on the lash.

Not even close to a real world problem by any stretch of the imagination but after sitting in all day we have decided to still get Armani’d up on a Friday and Saturday and have a few V&RB’s

49731643893_a9c88f8c5b_b.jpg49732191871_0be95d3dfd_b.jpg

Although to be fair Big M’s outfit looks more Skegness market stall than a Tally fashion house

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Although to be fair Big M’s outfit looks more Skegness market stall than a Tally fashion house

Hazarding a guess here... the reality is Primarni...for both...:laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Hazarding a guess here... the reality is Primarni...for both...:laughing2dw:

Standards son Standards

Wouldn’t  be seen dead in Primani, to many chavs in fako Canada Goose and Moncler coats

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Standards son Standards

Wouldn’t  be seen dead in Primani, to many chavs in fako Canada Goose and Moncler coats

That's exactly why you're one of the best members this forum has, chap...you give as good as you get, always up for the craick. You knew I was joking, but didn't take offence. Thank you. We need more like you...some people here are so far up their own arses.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

That's exactly why you're one of the best members this forum has, chap...you give as good as you get, always up for the craick. You knew I was joking, but didn't take offence. Thank you. We need more like you...some people here are so far up their own arses.

According to some “members” like @Stan’s take that us oldies like you and I will all be brown bread by Monday 

But hey ho just on the off chance that happens in my usual style I’m going for the sh!t or bust option 

49732984437_65e1b2cdfc_b.jpg

Booze and a bit of Disco Dancing 

9 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

According to some “members” like @Stan’s take that us oldies like you and I will all be brown bread by Monday

I hope your still alive on Monday but after that...………………….

:tongue:

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

But hey ho just on the off chance that happens in my usual style I’m going for the sh!t or bust option 

49732984437_65e1b2cdfc_b.jpg

Booze and a bit of Disco Dancing 

Saw the bottle of my favourite tipple in that sneaky pic just then...will update tomorrow...keep watching...there's some good news...:whistle:

Day 12 of lockdown isolation: how is everyone doing?

I’ve already spent about £178K on watches in my head online for when this is all over...and a lottery win. 

• Haha 1

Boredom is the enemy, tv, computer, more tv, trips to the supermarket.....cant even go to the library cos they`re all (understandably) bloody shut!

• Like 1

I've got Craig Charles playing some pretty good toons on the radio.

I can see me 'shufflin' in the gravel' when he puts northern soul on 

31 minutes ago, AFC2star said:

Day 12 of lockdown isolation: how is everyone doing?

I’ve already spent about £178K on watches in my head online for when this is all over...and a lottery win. 

E type Jag, Norton Commando 850, new house, a few watches.

I haven't even done the lottery today:watch:

• Haha 1

First trip away from the house for 10 days yesterday.Had to pick up a prescription at Boots. Shopped in Waitrose.Bought some wine,oh and food of course,did i say,bought some wine!.Mostly getting and giving phone calls to family and friends today.It was nice and sunny too.