• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Choosing appropriate spring bars

Hello! 

I've just got my hands on a couple of Seiko watches, a sarb017 for myself and a srp843j1 for my partner. These are our first automatic/mechanical watches! 

I would like to change the straps on both of these watches and thought I should keep some spare spring bars as this is something I will likely misplace in the future. 

I have had a look online and there are so many options - really cheap boxes of 300-400 on amazon and more expensive ones on other sites like watchgecko. Ideally I wanted to get hold of OEM, but I can not seem to find any retailers. I also looked at cousinsuk - this would be the best option to purchase from but requires you to be in 'the trade' to create an account (which I am not!)

What retailers do you source your spring bars from and would you recommend them? 

How important is it to ensure the size of the spring bar is the same as the original in terms of diameter of the main shaft and the end points?

I look forward to any feedback and advice. 

Thanks,

Schlaus