• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• 2 weeks later...

Buy a new rolex and you don’t get the papers anyway :-p tbh though if I’m buying luxury having the box and associated bits is part of the experience to me. I like Omegas way of presenting you with a box, cards and a booklet outlining the history of the watch and brand. 

great news - why anyone thinks a bit of packaging and a bit of paper is part of a luxary package is beyond me - not trying to be funny but a few grand doesn't buy a luxury watch.

anything less than the cost of a family car is just a watch - as are they all - but unless we are talking somewhere like 20K+ then service pouches are fine by me.

take up less blooming room anyway.

Obviously more is better than less but I do think a little too much importance is placed on these things. its as if people think the piece of paper gauruntees authenticity.    Its nice to have but usually I see it as less valuable than the market seems to.