• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Virgulou

Stainless steel Soviet CCCP watches

Hello,

I was wondering if some of you guys were aware of an another brand/model of the Soviet era (looking for CCCP marking one the dial), on top of the Amphibias, with a stainless steel case?

Here is my Amphibia

dcb8c31994a3b10448d3491d33cc6116.jpg

Thank you

Julien

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes Poljot do at least one model that i know about, I will try and dig out a picture :)

Poljot-SS-1024x900-1.jpg

Edited by martinzx
added pic
  • Like 2

Nice watch, Martin, but I think that Virgulou is specifically looking for Soviet watches marked CCCP rather than USSR. It is my understanding that the CCCP designation is generally somewhat earlier in date than USSR, but some clarification on this would be most useful.:)

6 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

Nice watch, Martin, but I think that Virgulou is specifically looking for Soviet watches marked CCCP rather than USSR. It is my understanding that the CCCP designation is generally somewhat earlier in date than USSR, but some clarification on this would be most useful.:)

I don't think so Honor, USSR is just an English translation of CCCP. Poljot tended to do a lot of exports so they often marked the export dials USSR but not exclusively

Cheers Martin  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Interesting, Martin, and on looking online it does seem that the USSR designation was more used on items made for export, especially to the West, with the two designations being used over the same period.

I don't know when or where the idea arose that CCCP as a country of origin mark was in use earlier than USSR, with the USSR designation tending to last longer than CCCP, with a long period where the two designations were both used. As you say, the use of these marks is related to exports from the Soviet Union, and my previous understanding, now revised by your post, was not watch-related but to do with certain other Soviet products.:biggrin:

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback guys; on my side I think Martin’s right; CCCP means the same as USSR in Cyriliq; it’s just a matter of export;

So Martin, the Poljot you’re showing is steel?

38 minutes ago, Virgulou said:

Thanks for your feedback guys; on my side I think Martin’s right; CCCP means the same as USSR in Cyriliq; it’s just a matter of export;

So Martin, the Poljot you’re showing is steel?

Yes it is stainless steel 

Diver wise, there's the Poljot, Raketa and Slava Amphibias. Sturmanskie/Poljot also made 3133 chronographs in both steel and plated brass cases - it can be quite tricky to tell the difference sometimes. There's a few other random Poljots too, for example these 2:

poljotsteel.png

Is there some way to upload pdfs to this forum? I have a load of old Soviet era Poljot catalogues many of which state what models are stainless steel.

Edited by Lampoc
  • Like 1