Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
AFC2star

Non watch related question

Recommended Posts

Hi folks

a serious, but not timepiece related, question but I’d like opinions, please. 
Myself and family are due to fly to Spain on July14 and full payment is due April21. Now I know I’ve a 99% chance of not going so do I still pay my balance? It’s quite a big holiday and the balance is about £5K so I’m not wanting to fork out that amount just to be given an IOU or a refund in 6 months time. 
Any thoughts appreciated. 
thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

Dear @AFC2star, please note that I have moved your thread-head to the Open Forum section, which is a more suitable place for your question.:)

 Cool. Thanks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, AFC2star said:

Hi folks

a serious, but not timepiece related, question but I’d like opinions, please. 
Myself and family are due to fly to Spain on July14 and full payment is due April21. Now I know I’ve a 99% chance of not going so do I still pay my balance? It’s quite a big holiday and the balance is about £5K so I’m not wanting to fork out that amount just to be given an IOU or a refund in 6 months time. 
Any thoughts appreciated. 
thanks. 

I wouldn't, and I'd be looking for a full refund for whatever I laid out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I wouldn't, and I'd be looking for a full refund for whatever I laid out.

They’re saying because THEY haven’t cancelled yet I’d lose the deposit if I did. They say normal teens and conditions apply at this moment in time due to the departure date. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AFC2star said:

They’re saying because THEY haven’t cancelled yet I’d lose the deposit if I did. They say normal teens and conditions apply at this moment in time due to the departure date. 

Hard  call, depends on how much the deposit is you stand to lose. Under the circumstances I'd be very very reluctant to hand over £5k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Hard  call, depends on how much the deposit is you stand to lose. Under the circumstances I'd be very very reluctant to hand over £5k.

£900 deposit. it’s an all inclusive 2 week holiday in a water park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lewjamben said:

Can't you talk to ATOL, ABTA or your holiday insurers for advice?

Tried, but it’s over a 2 hour wait on the phone. As the payment date gets closer I’m going to have to bite the bullet and wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. There was a similar question on the radio last night. The answer was to first read all the T&Cs as you might find that if you don’t pay the remainder, you’re in breach of contract and could be liable. If T&Cs are in your favour then you’re in a stronger position to not pay any more, but could lose the deposit. The only way to guarantee you get it all back is to pay up everything, and then once it is cancelled, you’ll get your full refund. 

Hope you get a good resolution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...