• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
AFC2star

Non watch related question

Hi folks

a serious, but not timepiece related, question but I’d like opinions, please. 
Myself and family are due to fly to Spain on July14 and full payment is due April21. Now I know I’ve a 99% chance of not going so do I still pay my balance? It’s quite a big holiday and the balance is about £5K so I’m not wanting to fork out that amount just to be given an IOU or a refund in 6 months time. 
Any thoughts appreciated. 
thanks. 

15 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

Dear @AFC2star, please note that I have moved your thread-head to the Open Forum section, which is a more suitable place for your question.:)

Cool. Thanks. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AFC2star said:

Hi folks

a serious, but not timepiece related, question but I’d like opinions, please. 
Myself and family are due to fly to Spain on July14 and full payment is due April21. Now I know I’ve a 99% chance of not going so do I still pay my balance? It’s quite a big holiday and the balance is about £5K so I’m not wanting to fork out that amount just to be given an IOU or a refund in 6 months time. 
Any thoughts appreciated. 
thanks. 

I wouldn't, and I'd be looking for a full refund for whatever I laid out.

5 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I wouldn't, and I'd be looking for a full refund for whatever I laid out.

They’re saying because THEY haven’t cancelled yet I’d lose the deposit if I did. They say normal teens and conditions apply at this moment in time due to the departure date. 

10 minutes ago, AFC2star said:

They’re saying because THEY haven’t cancelled yet I’d lose the deposit if I did. They say normal teens and conditions apply at this moment in time due to the departure date. 

Hard  call, depends on how much the deposit is you stand to lose. Under the circumstances I'd be very very reluctant to hand over £5k.

8 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Hard  call, depends on how much the deposit is you stand to lose. Under the circumstances I'd be very very reluctant to hand over £5k.

£900 deposit. it’s an all inclusive 2 week holiday in a water park. 

10 minutes ago, lewjamben said:

Can't you talk to ATOL, ABTA or your holiday insurers for advice?

Tried, but it’s over a 2 hour wait on the phone. As the payment date gets closer I’m going to have to bite the bullet and wait. 

Hi. There was a similar question on the radio last night. The answer was to first read all the T&Cs as you might find that if you don’t pay the remainder, you’re in breach of contract and could be liable. If T&Cs are in your favour then you’re in a stronger position to not pay any more, but could lose the deposit. The only way to guarantee you get it all back is to pay up everything, and then once it is cancelled, you’ll get your full refund. 

Hope you get a good resolution.