• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

9 hours ago, krissy1301 said:

In order to be classed as British made, are their similar laws in place as to be "swiss made"? And what are the requirements? Just assembled? Or parts made there and assembled?

We've looked into this in the past and the rules seem to vary country to country. 

The rules for 'Swiss made' deem that at least 50% of the value must come from Switzerland. 'British made' is a little less straight forward with the UK guidance being:

For the purposes of this Act goods shall be deemed to have been manufactured or produced in the country in which they last underwent a treatment or process resulting in a substantial change.

What you deem as substantial change however may be a little bit of a grey area.

6 minutes ago, Pompeak said:

The rules for 'Swiss made' deem that at least 50% of the value must come from Switzerland.

Think you will find this to be 60%, as determined by Swiss Law “ Swiss Made Ordinance”

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 07/04/2020 at 23:10, yip_london said:

Automatic 

39mm-42mm diameter

max 13mm depth

No chronograph function (chrono tend to be too fat, and also I don't like second hand not moving at 12)

I forgot about the 4th one on this list:thumbsup:

decoration is OK, but it should still maintain integrity - 

The watch looks good, I like the engine turning on the dial and the embossed tracks for the tips of the seconds, minute and hour hands; but although aesthetically I enjoy the chapter ring - the whiff of accuracy from all those graduations (and the watch is my most accurate mechanical) - they are a bit superfluous without a sweep seconds hand, no?  I mean, they are superfluous even WITH a sweep seconds hand, but these are super superfluous!

56191394_128354264902486_8781977062433882112_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=uceuJvsGo6sAX_ICc2d&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=ecad84dc64fe5399056d073b6a72a95b&oe=5EB801A8

There is even a watch I would love, but the seconds track is graduated in 5ths, while the mecaquartz only jumps 4 times per second.  There are 5 hz quartz movements, so that is quite annoying - here is that culprit:

image_21836_19_v1.jpeg

Watch designers :  Don't play with your references!