• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

IMG_20200406_073626819(1).thumb.jpg.8d2605d0f8236c060042d0be6bebfcd5.jpg

Running seconds at 3 is normally silver, but it doesn't show up too well, so I found a spare red hand (different pattern to the minute recorder)and happy with that.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

valjoux 7750 powered philip chronograph today                                                                                                                                                                                                                              w06kGhC.jpg          

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Morning,

Another rummage in the Box of Obscurities for today’s wearer, this Swiss-made Synchrona Automatique which will date from the 1950s and clearly has no connection with Synchron SA, the umbrella company set up to manage Cyma, Doxa and Ernest Borel brands from 1968 until 1980.

I can find no record of a Synchrona brand of watch but whatever it was, and whoever made it, there are some indicators of quality with its drilled lugs and all-steel case. It’s driven by ETA’s first auto movement, the Cal. 1256 Etarotor, here in its 17j version, and some technical details shown here for anyone interested: http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&1&2uswk&ETA_1256

Much limited by various factors, not least of which is my complete lack of any photographic skills, I also find it well nigh impossible to take a decent image of this thing.

Regards.

Synchrona before v.2.jpg

Synchrona ETA 1256 before v.2.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Balaton1109 said:

Morning,

Another rummage in the Box of Obscurities for today’s wearer, this Swiss-made Synchrona Automatique which will date from the 1950s and clearly has no connection with Synchron SA, the umbrella company set up to manage Cyma, Doxa and Ernest Borel brands from 1968 until 1980.

I can find no record of a Synchrona brand of watch but whatever it was, and whoever made it, there are some indicators of quality with its drilled lugs and all-steel case. It’s driven by ETA’s first auto movement, the Cal. 1256 Etarotor, here in its 17j version, and some technical details shown here for anyone interested: http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&1&2uswk&ETA_1256

Much limited by various factors, not least of which is my complete lack of any photographic skills, I also find it well nigh impossible to take a decent image of this thing.

Regards.

Synchrona before v.2.jpg

Synchrona ETA 1256 before v.2.jpg

They look quite good images to me

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As I averred in another thread, simplicity and elegance do it for me . . . . .

Senator Excellence. 40mm (absolute sweet spot) steel. GO Kaliber 36 auto.

VPZyArV.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8

My first pair....

ORIS Artelier, cal.623 (ETA 2859-2) 27 Jewels

734087566_OrisArteliercal.623(ETA2859-2)27Jewels.jpg.580cbfb3b6837854ba0cfb0a55d5ea3a.jpg

LONGINES  Heritage Conquest, cal.L633 25 Jewels

953688452_LonginesHeritageConquestcal.L63325Jewels.jpg.b8ad1689bf71498627d882148280ce78.jpg

:biggrin:

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

As we all have a little time on our hands (no pun intended), the customary "wrist shot" . . .

c03Oxgl.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Afternoon change over to this vintage Omega Seamaster Automatic, from the 'Classic Line' circa 1984 :thumbsup:

20200406_135855.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Time for some old ruskies this week...

1980's Naval service.

Cal: 2409, 17 jewel.

eTAruTi.jpg

npe1vto.jpg

tnPvCSe.jpg

Ilmxa4u.jpg

• Like 11