• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Longines VHP with no serial number

Hi all,
I've come across an old VHP and can't find a serial number anywhere. The only numbers are 255563 on the movement and a faint, maybe, 4978 with 237 below it. I believe 237 is the number Longines used for the caliber on this model. All the other VHPs I've seen had serial numbers on the back. Could this be a fake?

Thanks,
henrylr

Since I got the watch the date has been changing at 12 PM. So yesterday,  based on posts I've read, it needs to set for AM. I pulled out the crown to the 2nd position and wound hour hand around to equal 12 hours. The date increased by one day and I thought it was properly set. However, today it changed at 12 PM again. What am I doing wrong.

Another thought I had is, after the date change is completed, I could pull the crown out to the 3rd position to stop the watch and push it back in after 12 hours had passed. Is there any downside doing that?

There was an auction 5 years ago with the following details: -

Longines Conquest Wristwatch, Ref. L1.613.9, C. 2000
Longines Conquest wristwatch, ref. L1.613.9
Switzerland, c. 2000
Quartz movement, hour, minute, second, date
Anthracite dial, gold hands
Watch case, original strap and butterfly clasp of partially gold plated titanium
Watch case no. 27447247; snap-in caseback

Yours looks very similar to that.