• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Chronograph Functions

krissy1301

Very, very rarely.

Much like the myriad of functions on the kitchen, laundry appliances.  Along with the all the capabilities of smart TVs, audio systems around the house.

Don’t get me started on the buttons, controls, infotainment systems on the car’s. :taz:
Whatever happened to 8 track stereos ?

Dyed in the wool Luddite I’m afraid.

:(

• Like 1

I never used that function, on all my Chrono :( Just one time to test it when the watches were new...

I have to admit that Chrono watches are nice, and attractive, but getting old, not seeing perfectly all the sub-dials super small markers, so my Chrono mood went down, not saying that Chrono feature is totally useless for all diving activities, and using the pusher under the water is not at all recommended.... So nice to see, and only to have when you are young :)

• Like 1

I am ashamed to say I have not run in the four years since I moved here, but at my old place - because there was a nice canal nearby and two convenient bridges, there was a lovely circuit that I did often.  Here is one of the bridges (we were only just over half way round - kids - no stamina):

nug.thumb.png.3f4775f138c10fcf6e90ddeb72499b58.png

Anyway, one evening I walked out of my gate, looked down at my watch to start the chrono and as I looked up, about to start my usual jog, I looked straight into the eyes of an attractive young lady, sat in an attractive convertible, waiting at the T junction outside my gate to join the traffic on the main road!  What could I do?  I could hardly click my stopwatch, as I had, with such athletic determination, simply to trot off at the speed of a lame weevil; so I did what any other chap would do, and took off like a hare down that very main road onto which she was waiting to turn, expecting her to whizz past, at which point, safely distant in her rear-view mirror, I could resume my usual ambling pace. 

Well.  Not a bit of it.  The traffic was queuing along that road, and I could not run off quickly enough to disappear from view in order to safely slow down - even though that stretch was graded slightly downhill - nor would the traffic get going quickly enough to pass me by and offer me the chance of a surreptitious breather.  It was the best part of a mile before I could turn off towards the canal and the haven of a bend allowed me to collapse out of sight.  Anyway, to cut a long story short (bit late for that, I hear you groan) despite doing most of the return circuit walking with my hands on my head, gasping for air, that remained forever and a day my fastest time, all through the injudicious use of a chronograph!

JJ

• Haha 2

I use mine for timing all sorts of things. In fact, whilst I wouldn't say that I go out of my way to find an excuse to use my watches' chronograph features, I would say that whenever I strap on a chronograph in the morning (which isn't all that often, if I'm honest), I do remain mindful throughout the day of having it on my wrist and I tend to end up timing quite precisely things that otherwise I would normally guestimate.

With two young children always in competition with each other, there always seem to be natural opportunities at home, and when I am at work, giving people deadlines always seems to have more gravitas when the clock starts with the dramatic push of a button (although my chronos aren't countdown timers, of course).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Karrusel said:

Dyed in the wool Luddite I’m afraid.

Nope. You haven't swallowed the hype. :yes:

Why does a modern digital radio alarm clock have to be so complicated to operate ? :bash:

17 minutes ago, Filterlab said:

Very handy. 

Definitely. :laughing2dw: Like a rev counter on a pram.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Nope. You haven't swallowed the hype. :yes:

I think you underestimate the draw of the annual underwater egg-boiling championships  ...

57246920_131079511296628_247783349281829

And how do you think I timed my Blueberry Cobbler to perfection?

67728285_148367436234502_356337118679872

The power of advertising ...

Edited by Jet Jetski