• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

One detail about your watch that makes you go Hmmmm ...

1 hour ago, WickerBill said:

Speedys are a great watch. I have to admit not all of them are my cup of tea. I find the standard black model a little boring for my taste...although the sapphire sandwich is lovely on the rear (problem is you don’t get to see that bit while wearing it!) I like the racing models...a bit of colour really makes the dial pop and makes them a lot more interesting 

I think I saw there was a model with Hesaliye crystal and display back - if so, that would be the one for me.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did a bit of Knurling when I was a boy  

It could be in a good way, or a bad way. The Good: First up (and you heard it first here) 'future classic' Holton Professional.  Love the way the hobnailing on the bezel is scaled down for t

Me too, but my mother said it would make me go blind. 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, WickerBill said:

Haha I get that, it’s bizarre because I love the same on the side of the fifty fathoms....not that I own one! 

A lad (34) where I worked had a fifty fathoms, bought with a sail cloth strap.When he bought a bracelet for it, he paid 2k :jawdrop1: 

There weren't that many people into watches there so I think he only told me.

Bonnie watch mind and not following a trend

• Like 1

One of my watches often makes me go Hmmmmm...It's my Citizen Eco-zilla. It doesn't get worn as much as it should, purely because it's so damn heavy. Admittedly it's the SS version not the titanium, but the flippin' thing weighs over half a pound...9 oz, to be precise.

Citizen 'Ecozilla'

Citizen 'Ecozilla' weight

If I'm not careful, I'll end up with an arm like this....:laughing2dw:

b879fa2b233b680817fa9fe57a373473.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

A lad (34) where I worked had a fifty fathoms, bought with a sail cloth strap.When he bought a bracelet for it, he paid 2k :jawdrop1: 

There weren't that many people into watches there so I think he only told me.

Bonnie watch mind and not following a trend

They are lovely pieces, probably my favourite diver

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

One of my watches often makes me go Hmmmmm...It's my Citizen Eco-zilla. It doesn't get worn as much as it should, purely because it's so damn heavy. Admittedly it's the SS version not the titanium, but the flippin' thing weighs over half a pound...9 oz, to be precise.

Citizen 'Ecozilla'

Citizen 'Ecozilla' weight

If I'm not careful, I'll end up with an arm like this....:laughing2dw:

b879fa2b233b680817fa9fe57a373473.jpg

My Bulova precisionist weighed more than that I think, that's why I sold it!  My Holton is a brick too, but it straps on lovely, and you can forget about it. Ergonomic.

• 5 months later...

This watch is one of my favourites, I last set it in August, I wear it a lot and leave it lying around a lot, and it is currently just a couple of seconds fast.

IMG_20201002_221648649(1).thumb.jpg.ee51e7775c8ca7c5b6ddbcafae152386.jpg

Screenshot_20201002-222649.thumb.png.bb7ffacb3897f882229d959f61c795b6.png

'worn' may mean at night, when it can flag if the PR is low.  But I regulate it using the Rolex method:

RSCtiming.jpg.08309060e4032142b0edf4e76c8ffa4b.jpg

But the name on the dial ...    Corgeut sounds like a small marrow!  If only it said Steinhart.

IMG_20200905_125223023(1).thumb.jpg.ec3f2ab4547eb7f4d4887a5f40093384.jpg

Edited by Jet Jetski