• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Subotai

Backlight stopped working after analogue battery change

Hi guys, first post and not sure I'm in the correct place. I did run a search but had no hits. I took my dual time (analogue and digital) watch for a new analogue battery and the backlight for the digital part no longer worked. I had another so decided to change the battery myself. That too had the same issue (it worked before fitting the analogue battery). I searched around and found comments about re-sets, but these seemed mainly with issues of the digital no longer working and reference to a reset 'point'. I now have a third that needed a analogue battery and like the other two, the backlight no longer works. The latest is made by 6.11 (other two were Jedir) and its instructions only states to replace a battery when needed. There is no AC as I have read but has a BUZ circle. I have put one end on my steel tweezers into that and held it on the watch side, the CR digital battery, the case, another piece of metal and nothing gets the backlight working again. This one had a spring that touches the case and I made sure to fit the case in the exact way I removed it. Anyone have any idea what else I could try please? If the backlight didn't work at the start I'd guess it was the lighting part itself but as the watches are under 6 months old (site I purchased them from only accepts warranty issues for 30 days), and it worked before taking it apart to fit the AG4 battery, I'm completely stumped. The Jidir ones had no spring when the backs were removed and they too had no issues with the backlight until the AG4's were changed.

I'd really appreciate any help and advice anyone can give.
Thanks
JJ

DSC02875.JPG

DSC02870.JPG