• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
sparrow

Seiko Giugiaro "Ripley" (ish!)

I've had this for a couple of months, but just not got round to popping a post up :ooops:

Some of you may recall I was looking at importing from Japan, but I was lucky enough to pick one of these up in the UK!

I'm a huge Alien fan, so I've always liked these watches, but they were always rare to find and IMO overpriced. When I saw they'd been re released for the Japanese market I was excited!

So I know this isn't a true Ripley - but the black PVD and dial on this are totally worth the sacrifice. I was a touch apprehensive when buying  as I have puny man arms, and I thought this would look huge on the wrist, but it's actually a really nice wearable size despite the pushers.

My only two gripes: I wish they'd put lume on the dial - it's a pain in the bum to tell the time in low light! & adjusting the strap is a total faff.

Anyway, here's some shots 

20200413_085052.jpg

20200413_085200.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Very cool and retro, Alien and Aliens are two of my favourite films ever.

• Like 2

i'd love to try one of these although im not sure i could get over the pushers and square block on the crown side , they look a bit awkward 

3 minutes ago, Nickshangs said:

i'd love to try one of these although im not sure i could get over the pushers and square block on the crown side , they look a bit awkward 

I was the same! Its genuinely very comfortable to wear, I was especially worried as I wear watches on my left wrist, so the block was next to my wrist, but it doesn't get in the way at all!