• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

New Watch Enthusiast

WickerBill

Hey guys n gals

Just a quick hello from a new forum member. 

Im relatively new to the watch collecting game, I started early last year with a a Tissot Everytime as a quick fix after my Apple Watch went bang...suffice to say the bug bit hard of ditching the modern tech and I ended up doing the usual newbie thing of buying 2 more Tissots, a Steinhart and moved onto a Longines Conquest within the space of 3 months! 

I spent much of last year reading up, watching videos etc and have since moved on from those watches....not that I regret buying them...they taught me a few good lessons on style, movements, sizing, straps and honed my tastes somewhat. 

Current collection is a Longines Hydroconquest Grey on the rubber strap (cracking diver for the price), a Tag Monaco Quartz ( a great pick up and go quartz dress watch) and a 40mm Omega Speedmaster Racing.....just an amazing piece, perfect size and fit for me and I love the movement...for those that have one will know about the slightly noisy movement...which I love, and makes the watch feel like it has a heartbeat. 

Going forward I’m looking forward to learning more...trying to find a direction for my collection...I’m unsure whether I want to spread the love, get a 4th brand like the Tudor Heritage Ranger or get another Omega (a brand I really appreciate on many levels)...maybe an Aqua Terra Quartz 

Grail Watch?....well money no option probably FP Journe or A Lange....those movements are incredible, but realistically something more attainable would be a JLC AMVOX/ Reverso Blue dial or a Omega Globemaster Annual Calendar....

...no doubt this will probably change by time I get to the position to buy!

Oh forgot to add, I’m from Cheshire UK :-)

• Like 1

On 17/04/2020 at 15:34, Stuart2103 said:

Welcome - that's a really solid 3 piece collection in my opinion :thumbsup: 

Thanks! I’ve tried to keep it a bit balanced...without going too mad! Always on the lookout for more though! 

23 hours ago, scottswatches said:

Welcome.  Nice start to your collection, but i will not stay at three watches for long if you keep coming on here.  More temptation than the Human League

Haha tell me about it! It’s bad enough already window shopping the major brands online, I’ve already seen so many watches on here that i didn’t know existed lol!

• Like 2