• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Indecision - Suggestions Needed

I have around £900 to spend on a watch / watches. I have spent hours searching the internet looking for something suitable and think I am now more confused than when i started looking.

The original plan was to carry on saving for a Tudor Black Bay but due to financial uncertainty this is going to take longer than I expected.

I really like the Longines Hydroconquest but it does not fit my budget, unless I get the older model but part of the attraction is the ceramic bezel.

I have a large wrist, currently wearing a Seiko 43mm and to me this is a good size although I do sometimes wear more dressy watches down to about 36mm.

So I am just looking for suggestions to fit my budget new or pre-owned I do have a preference for divers but on the other hand probably have to many already.

My suggestion? Wait until you can afford the watch you want....I’ve always regretted settling for something less.

in that price range though, I’d get some sort of oris diver or hold out for the hydroconquest ceramic....I have one and it’s fantastic. Tbh I’d wait a few weeks until stores open up again and you’ll be able to haggle a discount if you still want to proceed 

Also I usually say never finance stuff....but with 0% it’s not always the worst idea and means you could get the watch you really want rather than settling for something 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Rob_Rs2000 said:

I have around £900 to spend on a watch / watches. I have spent hours searching the internet looking for something suitable and think I am now more confused than when i started looking.

The original plan was to carry on saving for a Tudor Black Bay but due to financial uncertainty this is going to take longer than I expected.

I really like the Longines Hydroconquest but it does not fit my budget, unless I get the older model but part of the attraction is the ceramic bezel.

I have a large wrist, currently wearing a Seiko 43mm and to me this is a good size although I do sometimes wear more dressy watches down to about 36mm.

So I am just looking for suggestions to fit my budget new or pre-owned I do have a preference for divers but on the other hand probably have to many already.

I have been on a waiting list for a BB58 for ages and frankly I think I'm done with all the Rolex/Tudor market manipulation. That said, if you've set your heart on a BB you should wait, though if you have a bigger wrist a used Pelagos might work better?

For around £900 I'd be sorely tempted by (depending on your wrist size and how chunky you want it): -

Marathon GSAR Auto

Squale 1521 (or 50 Atmos if you have the wrist for it)

Glycine Combat Sub

Yema Superman Maxi

I've excluded Seiko as your already have one but I really like the look of the SPB149J1 coming in June.

• Thanks 1

For that price, I'd be thinking about a second-hand Sinn of some sort - they're great watches & seem to lose a lot of value pre-owned for some reason.  Saw a beautiful U1 for not much more than your budget, as well as a bunch of 104s & a beautiful 103 I just missed out on.  Oris is a good shout, as is Glycine.  Personally though, I'd be tempted to wait until you've got another grand, then get the Black Bay.  

I'm in a similar boat, but made a policy decision early on in my watch-buying career not to settle for a watch I don't really want.  So this means it's got to be first choice or bust.  Consequently, I've upgraded my wish list to a Black Bay black (ideally ETA), Planet Ocean 42mm 2500 and/or Sinn 103 St.  Which also means I haven't bought any watches for a while because I'm too busy bloody saving.  On the plus side, one day I'll have some pretty sweet watches.

• Haha 1