Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Thursday's Thread WRUW?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning Citizen Eco-Drive AT2396-86E  

Yema again today. I don't often go for the same watch on consecutive days, but it's kinda got that 'new watch' thing a few months late!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Turpinr said:

This is what ours looked like.

i think we had 8 interchangeable heads from 70-200 but as I said, they never read the same as the inside mikes by .002" or so but a lot less fuss to use.

Pull the trigger, put the Bowers in the bore and release.

20200416_100620.jpg

Ahhh, cool. Yes boxes full of these things. Can't do much with the Pistol really, just a functionality test.

We check the internal bore using 3 master rings, at the lower, mid and upper limits of the head range.

The pic below shows a threaded measuring head, but these go back to Bowers for calibration.

shr_1024.jpg

One of the machinist asked why his mic was reading out..... then I pointed out he was using a metric measuring head with an imperial measuring scale.....:oops:

Happy days.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

French Exchange.

I didn't set the date yet, I am sure there is no quick set so I will let it run down and leave it for a week!

IMG_20200416_114650061(1).thumb.jpg.9f3afb6fa95dfdeb6465b4961a2a7abd.jpg

What I like about the rotating days bezel is how you can look forward to see what day it will be on such and such a date, or vice versa, at least for the month you are in.

Lorsa Cal. 238C

HAGD

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Turpinr said:

Annual calibration? 

We got a Bowers gauge where I used to work and it never gave the same reading as the internal mike from about 70 mm up to 200 mm

When I was working in inspection we had one bloke who would come and say have you got that stick mic thing please.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

I always kept an eye out when his parts passed through.

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hayballs said:

Ahhh, cool. Yes boxes full of these things. Can't do much with the Pistol really, just a functionality test.

We check the internal bore using 3 master rings, at the lower, mid and upper limits of the head range.

The pic below shows a threaded measuring head, but these go back to Bowers for calibration.

shr_1024.jpg

One of the machinist asked why his mic was reading out..... then I pointed out he was using a metric measuring head with an imperial measuring scale.....:oops:

Happy days.

In amongst all our Mazaks we got couple of big HAAS machines, the maintenance fitter was round the back trying to mend the through coolant cursing like a trooper saying nothing fitted until I suggested that as it was American he might want to invest in some imperial kit. He just went off muttering something about my Scottish heritage.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

jnf1zP.jpg

I’m old enough to work with either or but I’ve seen some disastrous damage done to parts and machines by people, mostly youngsters, working with imperial drawings or machines having never worked with it.

One company I worked for relocated from the UK to Czech Republic with a load of machines that were all imperial as were the drawings and parts that were being machined so I ended up over there for a while. The local employees had no clue and it was carnage, I never saw so much scrap, the big American on site QA manager was pulling hair out.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BondandBigM said:

When I was working in inspection we had one bloke who would come and say have you got that stick mic thing please.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

I always kept an eye out when his parts passed through.

 

 

The last 2 places I worked at employed people in quality who couldn't use a mike :laugh:

18 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

In amongst all our Mazaks we got couple of big HAAS machines, the maintenance fitter was round the back trying to mend the through coolant cursing like a trooper saying nothing fitted until I suggested that as it was American he might want to invest in some imperial kit. He just went off muttering something about my Scottish heritage.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

jnf1zP.jpg

I’m old enough to work with either or but I’ve seen some disastrous damage done to parts and machines by people, mostly youngsters, working with imperial drawings or machines having never worked with it.

One company I worked for relocated from the UK to Czech Republic with a load of machines that were all imperial as were the drawings and parts that were being machined so I ended up over there for a while. The local employees had no clue and it was carnage, I never saw so much scrap, the big American on site QA manager was pulling hair out.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

I like Renishaw probes but that one in your pic looks equal to the value of you Hulk and more intricate than the ones I used.

I saw one lad load this job into a Solon 3 and put the (wrong) programme into the m/c.

The programme should have been one where the probe tapped the top of a flat jobbut it had a big square cube on instead..........bang:jawdrop1:it wiped the probe out completely and that was £3k 20years ago.

2 hours ago, Hayballs said:

Ahhh, cool. Yes boxes full of these things. Can't do much with the Pistol really, just a functionality test.

We check the internal bore using 3 master rings, at the lower, mid and upper limits of the head range.

The pic below shows a threaded measuring head, but these go back to Bowers for calibration.

shr_1024.jpg

One of the machinist asked why his mic was reading out..... then I pointed out he was using a metric measuring head with an imperial measuring scale.....:oops:

Happy days.

Hahaha oops

We had the setting rings with the gauges for when we changed sizes.Sometimes the positions would stick.

Do you remember the air gauges years ago?

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Sulie said:


afternoon all.. hope your having a good one.. can anyone see my photos because I cannot?!

https://imgur.com/a/PCiLNAU

Yes I can see a picture of a Timex

23 minutes ago, ong said:

Still wearing the Zenith el primero Rainbow flyback chronograph ref 01.0480.405. 

 

IMG_20200416_144751.jpg

 

Edited by Pete wilding
Merged comments
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BondandBigM said:

In amongst all our Mazaks we got couple of big HAAS machines, the maintenance fitter was round the back trying to mend the through coolant cursing like a trooper saying nothing fitted until I suggested that as it was American he might want to invest in some imperial kit. He just went off muttering something about my Scottish heritage.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

jnf1zP.jpg

I’m old enough to work with either or but I’ve seen some disastrous damage done to parts and machines by people, mostly youngsters, working with imperial drawings or machines having never worked with it.

One company I worked for relocated from the UK to Czech Republic with a load of machines that were all imperial as were the drawings and parts that were being machined so I ended up over there for a while. The local employees had no clue and it was carnage, I never saw so much scrap, the big American on site QA manager was pulling hair out.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

Nice Renishaw CMM you have there.  The client has a large one next door. I'm not allowed to play on it though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sulie said:

How ?? I can see it now 

I just right clicked on your photo (after opening it from the link you posted), then selected "copy image address" from the drop down menu.  Pasted it, and the photo appeared as if by magic :thumbs_up:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...