• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Thursday's Thread WRUW?

1 hour ago, Turpinr said:

The last 2 places I worked at employed people in quality who couldn't use a mike :laugh:

I like Renishaw probes but that one in your pic looks equal to the value of you Hulk and more intricate than the ones I used.

I saw one lad load this job into a Solon 3 and put the (wrong) programme into the m/c.

The programme should have been one where the probe tapped the top of a flat jobbut it had a big square cube on instead..........bang:jawdrop1:it wiped the probe out completely and that was £3k 20years ago.

Hahaha oops

We had the setting rings with the gauges for when we changed sizes.Sometimes the positions would stick.

Do you remember the air gauges years ago?

Nope, I'm relatively new to this Calibration game.

• Like 1
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning Citizen Eco-Drive AT2396-86E  

Yema again today. I don't often go for the same watch on consecutive days, but it's kinda got that 'new watch' thing a few months late!

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Davey P said:

I just right clicked on your photo (after opening it from the link you posted), then selected "copy image address" from the drop down menu.  Pasted it, and the photo appeared as if by magic :thumbs_up:

Thanks Dave but you did that from a laptop I presume 

what do you use .. I use imgur which is fine from my work pc but alas not so good on the mobile 

12 minutes ago, Hayballs said:

Nice Renishaw CMM you have there.  The client has a large one next door. I'm not allowed to play on it though.

It was only a small manual one with a three foot square granite table but it was pretty accurate, at that place we only made smaller components.

In the Czech Republic it was much larger high value titanium and super alloy parts for the aerospace industry hence the Yank QA manger pulling his hair out and drink Wild Turkey by the bottle.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

12 minutes ago, Sulie said:

Thanks Dave but you did that from a laptop I presume 

what do you use .. I use imgur which is fine from my work pc but alas not so good on the mobile 

Yes mate, I don't use my mobile for any internet stuff, I just do everything on my laptop.  I host my photos on Flickr, which is OK when you get used to it.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

It was only a small manual one with a three foot square granite table but it was pretty accurate, at that place we only made smaller components.

In the Czech Republic it was much larger high value titanium and super alloy parts for the aerospace industry hence the Yank QA manger pulling his hair out and drink Wild Turkey by the bottle.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

That's why the Chinese can't compete in the  Aerospace Industry I was told, because of the cost of the materials like super duplex.

Those CMM's can't half shift when they're in rapid.

29 minutes ago, Hayballs said:

Nope, I'm relatively new to this Calibration game.

Those air bore gauges were in the 80's

Maurice Lacroix Les classiques day-date. Quartz dress watch - makes a nice change to mechanical dress imho. Slimmer too :)

My dog in the background - absolutely uninterested in the watch. Expecting a walk! adeebed09dfa0cd676c920136082d203.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

• Like 10
  • Haha 1