UK Watch Forum banner

Post Covid New Purchase

1K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  julian2002 
#1 ·
Once this lockdown ends and we can hopefully all go back to some degree of normality what is the next purchase everyone is lining up? Personally it's the Explorer 1 for me but I've also been looking into the Meistersinger brand recently too for something totally different.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've been thinking along the same lines.

One of these two.

I prefer the blue but dont like leather straps and on a bracelet it would just look like a couple of my other watches, so maybe white ???

The wearing down process on my missus will have to start soon :laugh:

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Silver

Attachments

#21 ·
I have never looked at this brand before either, I had for some reason written them off. The movement is a little disappointing for the price even though the rotor is interesting, the case and bracelet are top notch, the finishing is exceptional....but £3900, it's a big ask for such an 'average' movement.

It's a Porsche with Vauxhall engine, there is a compromise here if I purchase this watch. At this money I could get a load of other watches with more pedigree.

Maybe a sale would swing it like you say.

#24 ·
I'm sad to say that there isn't a purchase on the way and probably for some time unless I decide to part with the Longines which I can't see happening for a while or maybe ever.

There are however, three watches that I could easily be tempted by...

Longines Legend Diver

Smiths Everest

Oris Aquis

I would absolutely love any or all in my collection should the stars ever align.

#30 ·
I've bought several watches during the lockdown. All are wintage.

Some of them:

Rare Georges Favre-Jacot (Zenith) original wrist watch from 1917, made during WW1 for the Russian market just before Russian Commuinst revilution.

Early Zenith in-house chronograph CH-1 with full scale Tachimeter.

And so on.

#31 ·
Something in the automatic and chronograph arena for me next as it's the most glaring omission from my current collection.

I have to make some room in my watch box first though so will be moving on some watches I no longer wear much any longer to partially fund the purchase. I'm also saving like mad too as most of my wants are pie in the sky at the moment.

After that who knows? A dress watch? A cheap Chinese tourbillon, an office GMT(probably this - like the Avenger GMT), a world time?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.