• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Post Covid New Purchase

Mike2107

Once this lockdown ends and we can hopefully all go back to some degree of normality what is the next purchase everyone is lining up? Personally it's the Explorer 1 for me but I've also been looking into the Meistersinger brand recently too for something totally different. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Mike2107 said:

Once this lockdown ends and we can hopefully all go back to some degree of normality what is the next purchase everyone is lining up? Personally it's the Explorer 1 for me but I've also been looking into the Meistersinger brand recently too for something totally different. 

I had been thinking along the same lines. Until I spoke to nearly every UK AD who mentioned that this model is in demand and unlikely to be available until the end of the year. Great choice though, I’m hoping that one might come up sooner. 

• Like 1

I've been thinking along the same lines.

One of these two.

I prefer the blue but dont like leather straps and on a bracelet it would just look like a couple of my other watches, so maybe white ???

The wearing down process on my missus will have to start soon:laugh:

20200417_121512.jpg

20200417_121725.jpg

Edited by Turpinr
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

I like the grey too:thumbsup:

52 minutes ago, Richard734 said:

I have my eye on a new Hydroconquest, in grey, on the grey strap - it just looks Sooooo nice

Got one, and they’re fantastic. The rubber strap makes the watch too. So much lighter on the wrist than the bracelet, 65 hour power reserve so can leave it for days without it stopping

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bonzodog said:

Seiko are every where,but that bike looks stunning.

There's been far too many low mileage ones for sale as well, but 600 miles + round journey is out of the question at the moment. :bash:

(as well as being stupid and unnecessary)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

There's been far too many low mileage ones for sale as well, but 600 miles + round journey is out of the question at the moment. :bash:

(as well as being stupid and unnecessary)

Stupid and unnecessary purchases seem to be a common thread in my life :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, champ said:

I am still waiting for my Vostok Amphibian to turn up.Not much chance now i think so i will try for another.The Seiko Prospex Save The Ocean Great White is a watch that has captured my imagination.

Never looked at those before but a quick google search and I like them. Nice little watch

4 minutes ago, WickerBill said:

I really didn’t like those when they came out...grown on me though. Sales are a wonderful thing though.....and I expect there to be lots once this mess is sorted out 

I have never looked at this brand before either, I had for some reason written them off. The movement is a little disappointing for the price even though the rotor is interesting, the case and bracelet are top notch, the finishing is exceptional....but £3900, it's a big ask for such an 'average' movement.

It's a Porsche with Vauxhall engine, there is a compromise here if I purchase this watch. At this money I could get a load of other watches with more pedigree.

Maybe a sale would swing it like you say. 

3 hours ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

I have never looked at this brand before either, I had for some reason written them off. The movement is a little disappointing for the price even though the rotor is interesting, the case and bracelet are top notch, the finishing is exceptional....but £3900, it's a big ask for such an 'average' movement.

It's a Porsche with Vauxhall engine, there is a compromise here if I purchase this watch. At this money I could get a load of other watches with more pedigree.

Maybe a sale would swing it like you say. 

Same goes for IWC. They have some stunning watches with amazing build quality and finishing, but always for a grand too much.

I think I will hunt down a nice Aqua Terra 38mm white dial when all the dust settles ...

• Like 2

I’m sad to say that there isn’t a purchase on the way and probably for some time unless I decide to part with the Longines which I can’t see happening for a while or maybe ever.

There are however, three watches that I could easily be tempted by...

Longines Legend Diver 

Smiths Everest

Oris Aquis 

I would absolutely love any or all in my collection should the stars ever align.

• Like 3