• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Izera

Great grandmothers watch

Hi everyone! First of all, i am not really a watch collecter and do not know anything about them. I hope you guys don't mind the fact that i ask this here. I do have this watch which is of my great grandmother and still works perfectly and i went with it to a jewelry store to check it but he could not give me much information only that it should be at least 60 years old.  And from a brand named Lessa So i was wondering if any of you could tell me more about it?
(Also sorry if there mistakes in the way it is written english aint my first language)

-also i tried to add a picture but dont understand how to do that from phone sorry.

In the absence of any images, all I can say is that the Mikrolisk database has Lessa watches having been made by Gebruder Hummel of Pforzheim, Germany. 

No dates of their existence are shown, but no doubt you can research that aspect yourself, as well as the Lessa brand, should you wish to do so. Google throws up several hits for watches of that name.

Regards.

As Balaton says, Lessa was a German watch brand owned by the jewellery and watch firm Gebr. Hummel, of Pforzheim. Judging from a look at examples online, the brand name (usually in script with initial "L" being extended to underline the rest of the name) appears on wristwatches from perhaps as early as about 1940 up to about the early 1980s. There are both mechanical and quartz examples of Lessa watches, and I do not know if the Quartz Crisis was partly responsible for the demise of the brand.:)