• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Help with my Accurist Grand Complication Greenwich

Hello Simon,

I recently bought myself a cheap repair kit and I successfully changed the battery on this watch that was dormant in a drawer for years!

However, the problem is I haven't done something right as the day sub dial is ticking away same as the second hand sub dial!, I'm sure it isn't meant to do that.

I'm obviously putting it back together incorrectly and also the two little white plastic cogs you can see in the pics, I can't remember where they go?!  

Any pointers, advice would be massively appreciated.

Thank you

EsXhID2l.jpg

EsXhID2l.jpg

ygKEfLY.jpg

MdKib9e.jpg

On 23/04/2020 at 11:07, streety said:

Hi JayK. I seem to remember a forum member @Always"watching" owning one of these (or one similar). If he doesn't pick up on this thread it may be worth sending him a PM for advice. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice 

• 1 month later...

@eezy You're an absolute gem - thank you for this.

I have got the watch working again but not all functions work due to not re-assembling correctly but  thanks to you I can brave it now and remove the back once again and make the corrections. 

If a get a chance I will post some pics tomorrow. 

I'm really pleased this watch isn't gonna gather dust in a drawer, way to nice for that.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

img%5Dimg%5Dimg%5D[img%5D

img%5D

Tbh, even with the instructions (thanks to eezy) not sure if I'm feeling brave enough to take the back off again - it took some time to get it all aligned (if not correctly set) and put back together!

Dear @JayK, I do apologise for not answering your posts given that I do have an Accurist Grand Complication, though not the exact model you yourself possess. I chickened out of trying to replace the battery myself as I believe it was designed to go back to Accurist for replacement. In my case, I had a friendly local jeweller to put a new battery in, and I am glad that I didn't tackle the job myself as I am just too clumsy. I do wish you success in getting the watch up and running with all functions working properly.:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Always"watching" said:

Dear @JayK, I do apologise for not answering your posts given that I do have an Accurist Grand Complication, though not the exact model you yourself possess. I chickened out of trying to replace the battery myself as I believe it was designed to go back to Accurist for replacement. In my case, I had a friendly local jeweller to put a new battery in, and I am glad that I didn't tackle the job myself as I am just too clumsy. I do wish you success in getting the watch up and running with all functions working properly.:thumbsup:

No problem at all chief, I'm glad you got see the watch.

I think you were wise to use a good jeweller, in my case (I think mentioned in another post that I had initially taken the watch to two jewellers and one watch repair shop, but they all returned the watch saying saying the same thing, that they could not take the back case off!! That's why it went in to a drawer. And after I purchased a few watch repair tools, I thought what do I have to lose, let me give it a go - and amazingly I got the back off, mind it was difficult and time consuming. 

I'm enjoying the watch again, not sure Accurist have made many watches to this quality (in my humble opinion).

• Thanks 1