UK Watch Forum banner

Pagani Design Anyone?

13K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  Fred99 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Only discovered these recently and I'm smitten.

As some of you, I've owned a few Alpha's, but these are without doubt a step up in quality imo. Some reviews have said the odd one comes with a misaligned bezel, cyclops and sometimes a gritty feel to the crown threads. Maybe I'm lucky, but I've had none of that with any. They come with (verified) ceramic bezels, sapphire crystal and the trusty Seiko NH35 mvmt. All mine are running at + 2-3 seconds per day. The "Daytona" has the Seiko "meca quartz" movement, so no skimping on the internals, also along with ceramic bezel and sapphire crystal.

Finishing / polishing etc is flawless. Anyone who is into these homage type watches should give these a try. Price varies, but around £60 - £70 if you buy from China. I only paid £65 for the Daytona from a UK dealer. My pics are rubbish btw, I was not able to capture how good they look in the flesh - they're quite stunning.

OV9MQhe.jpg

6aXawY0.jpg

79kM4nQ.jpg

v1F6LAC.jpg

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice trio, I've been eyeing up several chinese 'homage' watches for the last few months, the Pagani sub seems great value for money. The only potential downside with a lot of these watches is the (sometimes) varying levels QC (and obviously its harder if not impossible to return if faulty/receive support). But for £50-60 its worth a punt. The other models i have been looking at are Seiko homages of the 6105 'Willard' and 'Tuna' by Steeldive which are a bit more expensive around the £100 mark.

I decided to go with a second hand Citizen BN0100 promaster diver from ebay, which should hopefully turn up next week. But still tempted to pick up a Pagani sub further down the line as it looks stunning (obviously all credit there to Rolex ;-)

#5 ·
I've always liked the look of subs - lovely timeless design (and yes, full credit to Rolex for that).

I buy these as I love the "look / design" of subs, but I'm not prepared to pay (what I think) are their absurd prices. If I can get the "look" for a lot less that's fine by me, and I don't buy them so some may "think" I'm wearing a Rolex either. These Paganis are a steal when it comes to vfm, and the quality is outstanding.

What always amuses me, is that when some manufacturers like Steinhart etc make a subalike, they are liked / discussed etc. But, when a Chinese manufacturer does it, they are often dissed? Pretty hypocritical if you ask me. That aside, watch manufacturers have been copying each others designs for years, and they'll certainly continue to do so.

#6 ·
What always amuses me, is that when some manufacturers like Steinhart etc make a subalike, they are liked / discussed etc. But, when a Chinese manufacturer does it, they are often dissed? Pretty hypocritical if you ask me. That aside, watch manufacturers have been copying each others designs for years, and they'll certainly continue to do so.
I normally find it's the same people who diss Steinhart/Pagoda Designs/Parnis/etc regardless.

#10 ·
i have two well made and keep super time tag look a likes blue one and green one.

WJS0AM5l.jpg

Hx6MJgVl.jpg

x7ra0Afl.jpg
I like these , they seem solid for the money, basically the same outlay as a nice Vostok Amphibian, but IMHO better looking....but how do they do for long term accuracy and what is the the power reserve.

I ask this , because I have been looking at Tevise watches, which literally cost peanuts, also look cool, but don`t seem to rate highly for accuracy or power reserve, Bowie has posted about his Paganis and that recommendation alone has me wanting to order one, but I just wonder what any other owners think?

Take care folks and stay safe

Kenny.

#16 ·
the daytona homage arrived yesterday,its a vk64 mecaquartz movement so no problems there.mechanical daytona homages use the seagull mechanical chronograph movement of which i have had negative experiences.the watch is pretty hard to fault at all,fit and finish is superb.i did buff off the sharpish inner edges of the bracelet but 5 minutes with the wheel sorted that.lume on the hands is not up to much but i wouldnt think the daytona itself is much better due to the tiny amount of lume used.its a cracking watch regardless of the price.i wont say i am gobsmacked because i sometimes home build watches using cases bracelets dials and hands from china and the quality of these parts have improved dramatically beyond all proportion to the price.back to the daytona alike,its a real bargain..cheers greasemonkey..
MbbBTOk.jpg

#17 ·
the daytona homage arrived yesterday,its a vk64 mecaquartz movement so no problems there.mechanical daytona homages use the seagull mechanical chronograph movement of which i have had negative experiences.the watch is pretty hard to fault at all,fit and finish is superb.i did buff off the sharpish inner edges of the bracelet but 5 minutes with the wheel sorted that.lume on the hands is not up to much but i wouldnt think the daytona itself is much better due to the tiny amount of lume used.its a cracking watch regardless of the price.i wont say i am gobsmacked because i sometimes home build watches using cases bracelets dials and hands from china and the quality of these parts have improved dramatically beyond all proportion to the price.back to the daytona alike,its a real bargain..cheers greasemonkey..MbbBTOk.jpg
What a sweet looking watch, thanks for the picture....this is a world I never knew about...Until I bought my first Vostok, I didn`t realize how good a sub £75.00 watch could be and these Chinese watches offer amazing value..

Thanks Greasemonk!

#26 ·
I ordered one from the Pagani Design shop on Al!express and it didn't arrive.

There customer service was terrible, supposed to be 7-10 day delivery from the Czech Republic, and I don't even think it left their warehouse.

I posted this as a cautionary tale so that you make sure you either buy from the UK (paying more) or pay using some way that will protect you as there are hundreds...if not thousands of people that didn't get their watch and have left reviews to confirm what I'm saying.

Just saying...buyer beware.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.