• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

WRUW - Humpday 22nd April 2020

Igerswis

Today, I'm digging out another iconic Seiko which hasn't seen the light of day for a year or more. When I bought this around 2013 from another member here, it was already pretty much sought after and it seemed that everyone wanted one. It's the SRPO43K1, aka the 'Spork'. Some say this nickname derives from rearranging the letters in the model number and while technically a diver, others attribute it to the fact that the watch is a cross between a pilots style and a divers style...rather like the double ended camping tool with a spoon at one end and a fork at the other. Anyway, the watch is 44mm across (49 incl. the crown) and 13.5mm thick and weighs 210g. The movement is the automatic 4R15-0OD0. It has a hesalite crystal, and because the caseback is recessed, it sits beautifully on the wrist. Quickset date  between 4 and 5 and screw down crown at 4. Although the lug width is 19mm, the bracelet actually tapers from 25mm across the lugs to 22mm at the clasp, which has a divers extension built into it.They had a limited run and were discontinued in 2011. From the serial number, this one is dated Feb. 2011.

Seiko Spork

Although the lug width is 19mm, the first link stretches right across the lugs and is 25mm.

Seiko Spork

It tapers to 22mm at the clasp, with it's built in diver's extension.

Seiko Spork clasp.

The recessed case back which contributes to comfort on the wrist.

Seiko Spork.

And finally, the lume.

Seiko Spork lume.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Morning,

I had quite happily bought this German-made effort years ago but after 2016 was almost too embarrassed to wear it in any company with a cumulative IQ of more than single figures.

Notwithstanding, I wasn’t about to allow any homophonous similarity to that orange-coloured, button-mouthed moron deter me from liking it, so here it is today, a decent enough watch from the 1960s driven by a 17j Otero 144.

Regards.

Trumpf 2018 3 v.2.jpg

Trumpf Otero 144 2018 v.2.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Pete wilding said:

Nice watch.....a blind man on a galloping horse could read that dial

That is the main requirement for every new watch I buy these days... :laughing2dw:

It's got to be the mighty (and slightly bonkers) iTime Phantom for me today:

2013-07-23 13.17.47

I know sometimes less is more, but in this case that doesn't apply :laughing2dw:

• Like 5