Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Recommended Posts

Been done many times before I know, but OMG just when you think nothing can top a diabolical multi-coloured gemstone encrusted Rolex, Hublot creates this monstrosity :crazy5vh::swoon:

Hublot-Big-Bang-MP-11-Power-Reserve-14-D

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pure class that :yes:

I feel It could be  vastly improved by making the power reserve font a tad bigger. :sign_wtf:

I also love how they have made actually telling the time on this watch a secondary function.

Edited by Cyclops930
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At first glance, I thought the power reserve was a AAA battery :laughing2dw:

Even by Hublot standards, that is hideous.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the chance to check out some Hublot watches in the flesh in Guam earlier this year but despite the fact that I was killing time with little to do, nothing they had on offer drew my eye.  Absolute pish compared to the Grand Seiko they had on the next stand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I had the chance to check out some Hublot watches in the flesh in Guam earlier this year but despite the fact that I was killing time with little to do, nothing they had on offer drew my eye.  Absolute pish compared to the Grand Seiko they had on the next stand.

They are marketed to two different consumers.

When you own customised Bentley, Ferrari, Lamborghini, wear designer clothes, socialise with others with crazy amount of wealth, have a driveway longer than some UK roads.....you can see where Hublot are marketing these towards. Blending in with the crowd isn’t the point; it’s about being an individual with your own identity.

Might seem hideous or not to our tastes but it’s not marketed to people like us either.

I’ve seen GS here in Thailand and they look dull as anything. Plus they don’t suit being worn with t shirt and shorts attire.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Igerswis said:


They are marketed to two different consumers.

When you own customised Bentley, Ferrari, Lamborghini, wear designer clothes, socialise with others with crazy amount of wealth, have a driveway longer than some UK roads.....you can see where Hublot are marketing these towards. Blending in with the crowd isn’t the point; it’s about being an individual with your own identity.

Might seem hideous or not to our tastes but it’s not marketed to people like us either.

I’ve seen GS here in Thailand and they look dull as anything. Plus they don’t suit being worn with t shirt and shorts attire.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes certainly a niche market, its odd though that many of the truly rich woudnt entertain that sort of watch and would go for something still expensive, but much more conservative.

I`ve always had the impression those with serious wealth can often easily blend in with the regular crowd, those that have always had it dont flaunt it, and those who have found wealth later in life do, often in vulgar ways.

Edited by sabailand
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What amazes me how people with such poor taste can have so much money ?

Or is it their personal shoppers doing it for a laugh. :laughing2dw:

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sabailand said:

Yes certainly a niche market, its odd though that many of the truly rich woudnt entertain that sort of watch and would go for something still expensive, but much more conservative.

I`ve always had the impression those with serious wealth can often easily blend in with the regular crowd, those that have always had it dont flaunt it, and those who have found wealth later in life do, often in vulgar ways.

You often find that really rich people wear something cheap, I seem to recall that Abramovich wears cheap watches as does Bill Gates

If I was as rich as croesus I don't know what I would wear, although it wouldn't be a Hublot

Perhaps a stainless steel AP Royal Oak

cs_24314.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoT said:

You often find that really rich people wear something cheap, I seem to recall that Abramovich wears cheap watches as does Bill Gates

If I was as rich as croesus I don't know what I would wear, although it wouldn't be a Hublot

Perhaps a stainless steel AP Royal Oak

cs_24314.png

Do you really think those wealthy people only have a single watch?

Take Bill Gates for example. IIRC didn't he import one of the first Porsche 959's into America and then changed the industry's laws to allow certain imported vehicles for 'show use' only.

If someone is going to do all of that for a car, I don't think he's going to cheap out on a watch unless he is trying to make a statement in public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Igerswis said:

Do you really think those wealthy people only have a single watch?

All I know is what they are seen usually wearing in public, it is pointless speculating what they might have hidden away at home

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JoT said:

You often find that really rich people wear something cheap, I seem to recall that Abramovich wears cheap watches as does Bill Gates

If I was as rich as croesus I don't know what I would wear, although it wouldn't be a Hublot

Perhaps a stainless steel AP Royal Oak

cs_24314.png

Surely if you had a few bob you’d push the boat out and go for white gold or platinum instead of a poverty spec one.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Surely if you had a few bob you’d push the boat out and go for white gold or platinum instead of a poverty spec one.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

I like the £22k poverty stainless version though :laugh:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JoT said:

I like the £22k poverty stainless version though

At any price I just couldn’t live with those screws so I’ll take my chances with the muggers and stick with my LV

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear @BondandBigM and @sabailand, please note that I have deleted my attempted link to the article comparing Omega and Hublot, as well as your posts warning me that the link was not working. I decided that it would be best to remove all posts referring solely to the link to avoid any confusion. Thanks for pointing out that my attempt at uploading the link had failed.:thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoT said:

All I know is what they are seen usually wearing in public, it is pointless speculating what they might have hidden away at home

Pointless but fun all the same! Reminds me of the video with John Mayer where he explains his one off PP with a salmon dial. He asked specifically for luminous hands so he could read the time on stage in low light...questioner asks him if he's ever worn it on stage and JM laughs and admits not!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dougal74 said:

Pointless but fun all the same! Reminds me of the video with John Mayer where he explains his one off PP with a salmon dial. He asked specifically for luminous hands so he could read the time on stage in low light...questioner asks him if he's ever worn it on stage and JM laughs and admits not!

I do wonder if Bill Gates just has a huge collection of cheap non-working Casios and he just gets a new one when the battery runs flat. :laugh:  Still more tasteful the the OP Hublot. :yes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

At any price I just couldn’t live with those screws so I’ll take my chances with the muggers and stick with my LV

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:


 

 

At least the screws are set properly,

cs_24314.png

Look at them on the Halibut,

Hublot-Big-Bang-MP-11-Power-Reserve-14-D

Something fishy in the QC department.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sabailand said:

Yes certainly a niche market, its odd though that many of the truly rich woudnt entertain that sort of watch and would go for something still expensive, but much more conservative.

I`ve always had the impression those with serious wealth can often easily blend in with the regular crowd, those that have always had it dont flaunt it, and those who have found wealth later in life do, often in vulgar ways.

'new money'. I don't mind a bit of shiny shiny but hate skeleton watches as previously stated so this wouldn't be on my list if I win the lottery. It looks like someone has blinged up an enigma machine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As with anything it's only really how it makes you feel - it leaves me cold :yes:  

They say money can't buy you class and this seems like a case at hand,

 

Edited by wrenny1969
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Igerswis said:

Plus they don’t suit being worn with a white cane.

Fixed it.

32 minutes ago, Grand Old Duke said:

someone has blinged up an enigma machine

I thought it was crass till you said that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

Fixed it.

It would look good with a Pimp cane.

FDBNBA2136.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Igerswis said:

cheap out on a watch

Watches don't do it for some people, and I don't think he gives a fig about making a point or what other people think.  I think if he woke up and felt like buying an expensive watch, he probably would, and if he felt like wearing n ugly watch, he probably would.  But maybe he has shares in Casio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...