• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Diver watch

Phil1978

Hi all

Looking for a little help.

I am considering buying at glycine combat via Amazon (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07C2XMRF5/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3VMG4YASGW80Q&psc=1)

I am a little concerned via Amazon and whether the watch is genuine.  

Anybody used the supplier above or how I can check the watch is the real deal

Or recommend another watch around the £500 mark

Many thanks in advance

Phil 

If you Google them, they are on Chrono24 and currently have over a hundred watches listed and have been on Chrono24 since 2017 and feedback looks good.

So based on that, I think you will be ok.  If you are hesitant buying via Amazon, use Chrono24 which offers full protection for both parties.

I've used Chrono24 a few times with no issues.

the £500 diver market is a hotly competitive place. I'd certainly do some research as there are a lot of styles and grades out there.

Personally if I was going to go for something with  good build and a recognised name then steinhart would probably be my first choice - but that's from my own research and hearsay as I don;t own one so take my words with a pinch of salt.

If you can save a little more  (£800) then things like the Longines Hydroconquest become available which is a fantastic watch from a respected brand with a lot of history. Personally I'd save and wait or use what you have as  deposit on 0% finance over a year (if you have stable income in these trying times naturally).

On 25/04/2020 at 16:33, Phil1978 said:

recommend another watch around the £500 mark

Throw Seiko into the mix. I've had various divers over the years, at all prices. I never considered Seiko until I got this one by mistake. It wears a lot smaller than its size would dictate, and on the wrist, it is possibly the most comfortable watch I currently own.

large.15824532996022876294977147504099.jpg.80f8dd305ba8f7e0d83bb0fd1517d3e8.jpg

https://wornandwound.com/review/review-is-the-seiko-mini-turtle-the-new-skx007/

• Like 1