• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one for me today.  

Aqua Terra today:

Morning Seiko Monday for me, Seiko SPC129P1 (Cal: 7T86)  

Posted Images

My final change...

PARNIS Militare 51 & 60 Chronographs (Japanese [Miyota] quartz movements) 

1527430605_PARNISMilitare51Chronograph(JapaneseMiyotaquartzmovement).thumb.gif.b05b074c435476fedccc1eaaa5a4f297.gif    1988810636_ParnisMilitare60Chronograph(JapaneseMiyotaquartzmovement).thumb.gif.72b32ac9a49d97c0d78e2c1ce142daf9.gif

Not quite so simple this time :biggrin:

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

closest I could find was the GS02514

Thanks for looking, appreciated, it has GS77955/21 on rear but there seems to be nothing on this watch online. Rotary were not very helpful so it’s a bit of a mystery really, it is such a nice watch...

6B6499E6-D20F-4BF6-A9C9-C0641307065C.jpeg

77CBC77F-4637-4907-A518-20A0F9AE72E7.jpeg

• Like 1

Gone for the cheaper end of my collection, but it’s also the worlds thinnest watch so a pretty special piece...and it even has an extra hour which might give me ample time to remember to put on a watch tomorrow... aOLxD0I.jpg

Edited by WickerBill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Reebmit said:

6B6499E6-D20F-4BF6-A9C9-C0641307065C.jpeg

77CBC77F-4637-4907-A518-20A0F9AE72E7.jpeg

Looks like a Seagull ST1780, which has 42hr power reserve, date and small seconds. Can't be certain, but apart from the Swiss Made Rotary, I thought the other Rotary watches usually have miyota movements.

That code on the Back, GS77955/21 comes up with a different watch from Rotary, Don't usually see "Est Switzerland 1895" on the dial, usually it's "Swiss Made" for the les Originales series or "Since 1895", "Est 1895", "British Design", "Limited Edition" & "Established 1895" on the others. The Rotary watches I have also stipulate whether it's Sapphire or Mineral glass on the back.

Could it be it's not an actual Rotary?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Graham60 said:

Looks like a Seagull ST1780, which has 42hr power reserve, date and small seconds. Can't be certain, but apart from the Swiss Made Rotary, I thought the other Rotary watches usually have miyota movements.

That code on the Back, GS77955/21 comes up with a different watch from Rotary, Don't usually see "Est Switzerland 1895" on the dial, usually it's "Swiss Made" for the les Originales series or "Since 1895", "Est 1895", "British Design", "Limited Edition" & "Established 1895" on the others. The Rotary watches I have also stipulate whether it's Sapphire or Mineral glass on the back.

Could it be it's not an actual Rotary?

Hi Graham, Great quite a bit of info, thanks, I thought it maybe a seagull movement. I have loads of Rotarys and it’s build seems very similar, the etching on back is very Rotary, the GS part number is in their style, the dial is very rotary etc..... the detail in the flesh is really nice.... I can’t really see it not being a Rotary.....  I would love to find out more, it is evolving into a more questions than answers the further we dig in..... :)

I have the original case for it which states Rotary Exclusive collection. The case is tatty but was high quality with nice weight and feel. Pic attached.

The crown is not original as I fitted that due to not having one when I got it.

I think I will ask the original owner if I can get hold of him.

Edited by Reebmit
13 minutes ago, Reebmit said:

Hi Graham, Great quite a bit of info, thanks, I thought it maybe a seagull movement. I have loads of Rotarys and it’s build seems very similar, the etching on back is very Rotary, the GS part number is in their style, the dial is very rotary etc..... the detail in the flesh is really nice.... I can’t really see it not being a Rotary.....  I would love to find out more, it is evolving into a more questions than answers the further we dig in..... :)

I have the original case for it which states Rotary Exclusive collection. The case is tatty but was high quality with nice weight and feel. Pic attached.

The crown is not original as I fitted that due to not having one when I got it.

I think I will ask the original owner if I can get hold of him.

large.DF478F32-7F0B-4B9C-8A54-E53141BD5D60.jpeg.4774b0a8e5dd523e9ba9957c0e55eeae.jpeg

• Like 1
Just now, Jet Jetski said:

The dials look a bit like the 'Cambridge'   Did it come from India?

Not that I know of, I have managed to track down the previous owner as I think he had it from new. I’m awaiting his reply, as stated above the case is of high quality so would be very very surprised If it was an Indian/Chinese hybrid etc.......  it has the original dolphin tag in the box too..... I’ll keep you all posted....

23 minutes ago, Reebmit said:

large.DF478F32-7F0B-4B9C-8A54-E53141BD5D60.jpeg.4774b0a8e5dd523e9ba9957c0e55eeae.jpeg

Hi, Yeah would imagine build would be similar, they will all originate in China/Hong Kong, even the cases on the Swiss Made range probably come from there too.

Was wrong about the number, saying it was assigned to a different watch, page that came up in a search with that number,was a different watch but i didn't notice it was a different number too, my bad.

The case/box does look old (been through the wars) compared to the watch, watch doesn't look old. But maybe just a limited/Special they made exclusively for someone or some company.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Graham60 said:

Hi, Yeah would imagine build would be similar, they will all originate in China/Hong Kong, even the cases on the Swiss Made range probably come from there too.

Was wrong about the number, saying it was assigned to a different watch, page that came up in a search with that number,was a different watch but i didn't notice it was a different number too, my bad.

The case/box does look old (been through the wars) compared to the watch, watch doesn't look old. But maybe just a limited/Special they made exclusively for someone or some company.

Yeah they all seem to originate from China nowadays but tied in with a bit of quality control from the parent companies or better still them setting factories up out there. It will be interesting if the previous owner has more info...

I was wondering if it was a special, maybe a development item...... 

keep you posted

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

Rotary GS02514/21 wrist watch for men's

The dials look a bit like the 'Cambridge'   Did it come from India?

Yeah it does, but it's the date complication, non of Rotary's watches on their site, at the moment anyway, use that style of date complication/sub dial. Usually see that sub dial on watches like Parnis (and other Chinese brands) or Fashion type brands like some of the brands on Ideal world, have definitely seen Constantin Weisz watches with that coin edge style case and they use seagull/Chinese movements, and have date sub dials like we have here so maybe this Rotary was made in the same factory in China.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Graham60 said:

Yeah it does, but it's the date complication, non of Rotary's watches on their site, at the moment anyway, use that style of date complication/sub dial. Usually see that sub dial on watches like Parnis (and other Chinese brands) or Fashion type brands like some of the brands on Ideal world, have definitely seen Constantin Weisz watches with that coin edge style case and they use seagull/Chinese movements, and have date sub dials like we have here so maybe this Rotary was made in the same factory in China.

The Cambridge there also show EST Switzerland 1895

1 hour ago, Graham60 said:

It was bought in the nineties for around £350 from Earnest Jones in Southampton. He had it from from new and it is its original box. It was a special edition so not many were made. Rotary made a retrograde watch at the same time in the Breguet style but was quartz. So it is a genuine UK bought Rotary Auto. I’m glad I posted today! Pushed me to get more info and was fun everyone trying to research too, thanks all :)

Now what watch can I put on tomorrow haha!! 

1 hour ago, Reebmit said:

The Cambridge there also show EST Switzerland 1895

Which pictures of the Cambridge are you looking at? The ones I see on their site, have either "British Design" or "Since 1985".

52 minutes ago, Reebmit said:

It was bought in the nineties for around £350 from Earnest Jones in Southampton. He had it from from new and it is its original box. It was a special edition so not many were made. Rotary made a retrograde watch at the same time in the Breguet style but was quartz. So it is a genuine UK bought Rotary Auto. I’m glad I posted today! Pushed me to get more info and was fun everyone trying to research too, thanks all :)

Now what watch can I put on tomorrow haha!! 

Ah well, at least you know now.

Waiting to see tomorrow's watch, hopefully it's not a mystery. :laugh:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Graham60 said:

Which pictures of the Cambridge are you looking at? The ones I see on their site, have either "British Design" or "Since 1985".

Ah well, at least you know now.

Waiting to see tomorrow's watch, hopefully it's not a mystery. :laugh:

I was looking at Jetski post above with the white Rotary.... is that not a Cambridge? On looking online probably not. Whatever the Rotary above is it has EST. Switzerland 1895 :)