• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
The Swede

Where can I find new hands?

Hi,

I´ve just started to renovate my first vintage watch. So after purchasing an Atlantic Worldmaster that needed a new glass, I noticed that the hands also need replacing. I removed the hands from the dial and done my best to measure them, but I can´t seem to find a suitable replacement. Perhaps I´m looking at the wrong place or I have not managed to measure them correctly.

The Hour hand is Ø1,3mm and length 11mm

The Minute hand is between Ø 0,8-0,9mm and length 12,8mm

Any guidance to a webshop that could have spare parts for this would be helpful. I´ve looked at cousinsuk, but I don´t seem to find the right once.

Many thanks in advance!

309380_1_mid

2 hours ago, The Swede said:

Hi,

I´ve just started to renovate my first vintage watch. So after purchasing an Atlantic Worldmaster that needed a new glass, I noticed that the hands also need replacing. I removed the hands from the dial and done my best to measure them, but I can´t seem to find a suitable replacement. Perhaps I´m looking at the wrong place or I have not managed to measure them correctly.

The Hour hand is Ø1,3mm and length 11mm

The Minute hand is between Ø 0,8-0,9mm and length 12,8mm

Any guidance to a webshop that could have spare parts for this would be helpful. I´ve looked at cousinsuk, but I don´t seem to find the right once.

Many thanks in advance!

309380_1_mid

what is the problem with the hands ? If it is just the lume on the minute hand you could relume them , thus keeping the hands original .
If you look at the movement and find out the make and calibre ( usually found under balance wheel) you can then go on the ranfft site which will give the hand diameters for the specific movement . Link below 

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Tudor_59_SC

• Thanks 1