• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
gibbs

First Vostok, first Mod

This is my first Vostok Amphibian , I got this Mod.060335 from Zenitar in Moscow before problems with shipping kicked in.I went for it for it because it sort of has a nineteen seventies/eighties bling look to it!.I swapped the compass style bezel out with one I picked up on Ebay and then struggled manfully to take a total of 4 links out of the bracelet..(a tan strap with white stitching could replace the bracelet in time) 

I can see why so many of you love these things, I have my eye on another one ,with a smaller 420 case, once Zenitar re-opens in June...so this could be the start of an expensive hobby.

Take care everybody and stay safe

Kenny

49834584612_f5d55b9c59_b.jpgIMG_1356 by kenny burns, on Flickr

49834285611_9dc1415f23_z.jpgIMG_1353 by kenny burns, on Flickr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gibbs said:

struggled manfully to take a total of 4 links out of the bracelet..

49834285611_9dc1415f23_z.jpgIMG_1353 by kenny burns, on Flickr

I can confirm these have the toughest pins to remove of any bracelet I ever altered, they're the diameter of a stove pipe.  I managed it, but only after bending up half my pin removal tools - that's when I ordered my watchmaker's hammer!

Great mod.  I have no idea what bezel mine should have - I see several mixtures of dials and bezels, but I wanted to have a lume pip, so this is how mine arrived.

IMG_20200425_141651044(1).thumb.jpg.8f9927e32e902b19f7ede769ef97ef45.jpg

How is your watch precision?  Mine is bang on.  I have 20 Russian watches and they are all serviceable but 4 are fantastic, and two of those are Vostoks (my 'Precision' since I de-magnetised it and this 'Amfibian').

• Like 2

Thanks Jet...I love the watch you have pictured..it looks like an old Victor class sub on the dial....ultra cool!

To remove the links on my watch...I kinda went cave-man on it..I drilled a small hole to act as a recess into an old thick lump of wood, placed the bracelet on its side so the pins would drop into the recess, but only once I`d persuaded them out with a nail and a large household hammer ...I will need to calm down and invest in some proper kit, or somethings gonna get broken (probably one of my fingers!) 

Take care

Kenny

Forgot to say Jet, that in over 3 weeks my watch has picked up a couple of minutes

Kenny 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @gibbs and welcome to the forum. Meranom.com is a great place to get your Vostoks and parts such as bezels. Delivery will still take around 5 weeks though - don't forget to pay in Roubles rather than USD!

@Jet Jetski That is the correct bezel. I have the same watch but with the wrong bezel! They're a bit tricky to get hold of in decent condition nowadays - I got 2 NOS bezels last year from Zenitar but not found any since.

vostoks.jpg

Edited by Lampoc
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lampoc said:

That is the correct bezel.

Oh well, trust me to break the habit of a lifetime.

Hope you are keeping well.

• Haha 1