• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
AndyPond

Clock face

I have just purchased a Westminster chime mantel clock. This is my first resto and I have no idea how to determine which model it is and where I might find spare parts including a new click face. I can add pictures but not right now. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Pictures will help. If you are needing to replace the dial and glass, as a unit, be aware that new ones are sold in millimetres. The old dials are measured in  inches. And are not a direct swap.

15 hours ago, simon2 said:

Pictures will help. If you are needing to replace the dial and glass, as a unit, be aware that new ones are sold in millimetres. The old dials are measured in  inches. And are not a direct swap.

Thanks for your help, when I finally work out how to add pictures I will add them to this conversation. What I can tell you is The click dual has holes for the winding the click up above the 4,6 & 8 numbers and a slot next to the three for turning the chimes on and off. From websites I have visited there are some disks that are close to what I have but they don't have the holes in the right places. Do I have to make the holes myself?

Regards

Andy

Usually you have to drill the winding holes, only the centre is pre drilled.

Edited by simon2
Typo error

Thanks, I've been looking for clock faces with the correct holes, quel suprise I didn't find any!! Any standard drill bit will make the required holes?