• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Stonybiosphere

Regulating an Omega Seamaster 2220.80.00

Hi,

I have an Omega Seamaster Diver here that I feel needs regulating. It's running about 15 seconds/day slow, and I would much prefer it to end up in a positive state if I can't get it dead-on. I bought it about 2 months ago and it comes with a guarantee from the auctioneers who sold it that's good for two years. I have some reservations about sending the watch back to them however, as they do not appear to be affiliated with Omega in any way, and from what I can tell, Omega service centres and boutiques are currently closed. I understand that regulating a watch is a fairly simple process, and that I'd probably need to look at buying replacement gaskets for the watch. Would you recommend this course of action? Would you send it back to the auctioneer under their guarantee, when chances are it will just be someone doing the same thing I plan to do, and likely not an authorised repair centre? Or would you wait for Omega centres to reopen and have it regulated at one of those?
Thanks for any help you can give! I'm based in the UK, and haven't been able to find anything on regulation prices here. I believe that across the pond, they do it for free, but given some of the costs that come with servicing watches, I am a little apprehensive.

Sam

uYFO459.jpg

11 minutes ago, Stonybiosphere said:

Hi,

I have an Omega Seamaster Diver here that I feel needs regulating. It's running about 15 seconds/day slow, and I would much prefer it to end up in a positive state if I can't get it dead-on. I bought it about 2 months ago and it comes with a guarantee from the auctioneers who sold it that's good for two years. I have some reservations about sending the watch back to them however, as they do not appear to be affiliated with Omega in any way, and from what I can tell, Omega service centres and boutiques are currently closed. I understand that regulating a watch is a fairly simple process, and that I'd probably need to look at buying replacement gaskets for the watch. Would you recommend this course of action? Would you send it back to the auctioneer under their guarantee, when chances are it will just be someone doing the same thing I plan to do, and likely not an authorised repair centre? Or would you wait for Omega centres to reopen and have it regulated at one of those?
Thanks for any help you can give! I'm based in the UK, and haven't been able to find anything on regulation prices here. I believe that across the pond, they do it for free, but given some of the costs that come with servicing watches, I am a little apprehensive.

Sam

Have a read of this,

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/why-did-omega-made-regulating-coaxial-so-difficult-587024.html

Personally If the watch was mine, I would leave it alone.

Edited by WRENCH