• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sulie

Seiko urchin New Green Bezel cheers Roger

Great gesture from , Roger :thumbsup: Looks fantastic , Sulie , you must well pleased with the result :cool:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks the business, Sulie! Well done! :thumbsup:

Still got one green bezel insert left if anyone wants to try it. Will only fit a Seiko Sea Urchin or Sumo. These came from the US, and reproduce the original markings exactly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks great Sulie, and a lovely gesture from Roger!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks good. :thumbs_up:

Its not all true what they say about Roger!  :whistle:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Teg62x said:

Looks good. :thumbs_up:

Its not all true what they say about Roger!  :whistle:

Why what do they say about him, PM me if you like!:wink:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Looks the business, Sulie! Well done! :thumbsup:

Still got one green bezel insert left if anyone wants to try it. Will only fit a Seiko Sea Urchin or Sumo. These came from the US, and reproduce the original markings exactly.

I would be interested in this, I have been looking for one for a while to replace my scratched up pepsi bezel? I have already fitted a domed crystal and was thinking of upgrading the movement to an NH36. If I can do the bezel insert as well it will look really good :)

Edited by Rob_Rs2000

7 hours ago, Nickshangs said:

Wow, a green sea urchin . It actually works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes...that's why I originally did the conversion on mine. I don't know if it's the various lighting conditions that make them appear slightly 'greener' in the pics, but these inserts have a slightly 'olive' tinge to them, exactly the same as a Submariner LV bezel insert. It took me a long time to source these inserts...many didn't have the correct markings on them, or had a lume pip which the Sea Urchin doesn't have. I originally bought three in case I ruined one during fitting or scratched one up, but in the end only ever used one.

This was my Urchin after converting.

Seiko Sea Urchin Green.

All gone to new homes now.

Sea Urchin Bezel inserts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Really like that Sulie, I've got an Urchin coming for the purpose of Moding it with some parts from dlwatches.com, vintage sub ceramic bezel insert, merc hands, domed sapphire.

But was wondering where you got that brown stiched leather strap? looks really nice.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Raymond Spanks said:

Really like that Sulie, I've got an Urchin coming for the purpose of Moding it with some parts from dlwatches.com, vintage sub ceramic bezel insert, merc hands, domed sapphire.

But was wondering where you got that brown stiched leather strap? looks really nice.

Cheers

Hi Ray and thanks I really like this too

the dlwatches.com bezels are fab especially the lumed ones 

the strap I think I for from Cousins

just choose one with 5mm depth!!

post some pics of yours when you can 

cheers 

sulie

• Like 1

Hi Sulie,

Brilliant, thanks for letting me know. The thickness of the strap looks really good on it.

Got a Cousins order on the way, just a few cheap nato’s and spring bars.

It will be my first time doing anything to a watch apart from changing straps so fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

Cheers

• Like 1