• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
jsud2002

Info required on this Vintage Boctok Amphibia

I have had an urge to add a Vostok/Boctok/Wostok to my collection and came across this 

VOstok.thumb.jpg.ee682cba6e5b1ef9248c8624821801fd.jpg

not much information from the seller on ebay sold as spares or repairs , I have had a quick search on here and the internet but am unable to come across anything . I was wondering if any member here could help me out with any information , I think it will be a manual wind 2414 movement , If I was to win this auction I know I can buy a movement from Meranom but does any one know of any UK sellers . 

Also the glass looks really scratched am I right in thinking Vostoks are acrylic and can be rubbed out possibly using ultra fine wet and dry and polywatch . 

Thanks in advance for any help or info anyone can provide . cheers John 

@jsud2002 It's a late 80s 320 cased manual wind Amphibia with a 2409A movement. You won't get a 2409A movement from Meranom anymore but spares are easy to come by - I've got loads of bits if you need any. That crystal will easily polish up and you can find a new fancy-ish bezel for it for about £15.

Another edit - looks like the dial feet have broken so you'll need either some soldering-megaskills, dial stickers or a new dial.

I've serviced all these during lockdown so if you have any q's please ask away:

vos6.jpg

Loadsaspares!

vostoks.jpg

Edited by Lampoc
  • Like 1

@Lampoc thank you for the info it is greatly appreciated, although it is a 2409a movement would a 2414a fit ? 

3 hours ago, jsud2002 said:

@Lampoc thank you for the info it is greatly appreciated, although it is a 2409a movement would a 2414a fit ?

Yep, but you wouldn't get to see the date :D

• Thanks 1

On 04/05/2020 at 14:54, Lampoc said:

@jsud2002 It's a late 80s 320 cased manual wind Amphibia with a 2409A movement. You won't get a 2409A movement from Meranom anymore but spares are easy to come by - I've got loads of bits if you need any. That crystal will easily polish up and you can find a new fancy-ish bezel for it for about £15.

Another edit - looks like the dial feet have broken so you'll need either some soldering-megaskills, dial stickers or a new dial.

I've serviced all these during lockdown so if you have any q's please ask away:

vos6.jpg

Loadsaspares!

vostoks.jpg

I really like that yellow and blue one..what's the model number for that? thanks

32 minutes ago, lovingtheclock said:

I really like that yellow and blue one..what's the model number for that? thanks

320228 but it was last made 30 years ago.