• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
champ

Tool kit Q.

Hello all.Could anyone recommend a tool kit/kits or individual tools that would help with.Firstly a recent Vostok Amphibia watch.I need to take some links out as the bracelet is to big for my wrist.2 Might like to change straps on this/further Vostok watches (spring bar removal tool?).3 Would be useful for other makes too.I have looked myself but there are loads available and i have no idea which would be suitable.Advice would be most welcome.

Edited by champ

I would recommend you buy the best you can afford.  Bergeon spring bar tool isn't too expensive and we all swear by them.  Then screwdrivers and tweezers start to get a lot more expensive,  but they are worth it 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scottswatches said:

I would recommend you buy the best you can afford.  Bergeon spring bar tool isn't too expensive and we all swear by them.  Then screwdrivers and tweezers start to get a lot more expensive,  but they are worth it 

Many thanks.I have ordered a Bergeon spring bar tool 7767F.I also ordered a very cheap kit and can upgrade when i see which tools i use (break).lol.

• Like 1

It isn't so much breaking tools, but once you have used good tweezers the cheap ones are so bad you wouldn't even flip the bacon with them.  You have mad a good start with the 6767

• Like 1

I totally concur with Scott...if you're going to be doing minor repairs/alterations/battery changes on a regular basis, buy the best you can afford, or you'll end up buying twice. Cheap screwdrivers, for instance, may work for a while, but eventually they will twist and bend and lose their sharpness. Cousins do some nice mid range ones if you don't want to go mad...though both Scott and myself use Horotec ones, which while not exactly cheap, are worth every penny. As an alternative to Cousins UK, there is also this company, https://www.eternaltools.com/ who sell a lot of equipment, sometimes slightly cheaper than Cousins for the same item.

Watch bench.

• Like 1