• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Raymond Spanks

Hi everyone,

Hope you’re all keeping safe and well.

Been lurking for a while and thought I’d sign up properly. Been into watches since my first Timex at about 6 years old. Always remember having a watch of some sort growing up. Ranging from analogue to digital to Swatches, all sorts.

Then, as probably quite a few of you, 1995 Pierce Brosnan became Bond and bang, the Omega Seamaster 300m. That was it that was the watch I lusted after and told myself, one day that would be the only watch I’d ever need.

Fast forward to 2003 and went into the local Earnest Jones and was the proud owner of an Omega Seamaster Professional 300m. Absolutely love it. The next year bought a 1967 Seamaster Vintage, really getting into watches now. But, then got married, kids etc etc and didn’t buy another watch until the beginning of this year. But now slowly buy a few more. Funds aren’t what they used to be so very much at the cheap end of the market, got a Sekio SNA411 an SNK809, and have a couple of very cheap watches for beater duties.

Finding straps all quite interesting too, as they really can change a watch.

Anyway that’s a little about me, don’t know how much I’ll be able to contribute as my knowledge is only basic, but really enjoying getting back into the whole watch scene.

What stood out about this forum is that it reminded me of uksaabs.co.uk, just a bunch of good people into their passion willing to share and help others.

Take care all, see you around.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi, welcome to the asylum.

Don’t be concerned about how much you know, or can contribute to topics, we are all learning everyday (hopefully). 

:thumbsup:

welcome to the forum.  sounds like you have a good collection!  i have a  pierce 2 pusher crono with a pop off back back.  id like to have the one with the 4 screw back.    vin

Thanks Vinn, Nice.

Yeah, just buy stuff that I like, with no intention of ever selling anything. Get the feeling I'm steering more to divers and chronographs. The next purchase's are hopefully going to be a Helgray and a Armida A1.

Thanks, take care