• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

It's been a few months since my last "haul" so I thought I'd update because its lockdown and I'm that bored :whistle: Plus I think it might be nice to have them posted somewhere so if someone ends up owning one of them they can see a little of the "history" (if you can call it that).

To keep it tidy I won't list absolutely every watch, as I sold a lot and truth be told forgot about them (e.g. Tissot Seven Seastar, 50s Doxa, Lanco etc), just the more recent ones I quite like(d) or still have. I will put an asterisk* by the ones that I've since sold. 

1952(?) Tissot Visodate

Seller had very little info, I placed a low starting bid and no-one else did. I actually planned to sell this straight away for a nice profit bit the case is a nice style, incredibly clean and nice patina to the dial, have had it . Keeps okay time, some days its spot on, other days it runs a little fast.

7tXp5Wo.jpg

9K Gold Omega*:

My first ever Omega which was 9K Gold and came on a mint condition genuine Omega leather strap! Differently to the Tissot above, I actually planned to keep this and service it as buying an Omega had been a big milestone for me but truth be told, when I received it I just didn't like it. It simply wasn't my cup of tea and I soon sold it on.

3Kw94TR.jpg

Medana Automatic*

Nothing amazing, but a cool flip/story to it. Seller listed a job lot of non-runners and I offered less and said all I wanted was the Medana. They replied and obviously just wanted them gone and took £20 for the lot. To my surprise, another of the watches in the lot fetched about £80 with a new battery in it. Not taking fees into account I made about £120 on them all including this. The Medana itself didn't run, it would just run for as long as I was shaking it and stop immediately when I did. I shook it for about 5 minutes to keep it going just long enough to run on its own then manually wound rotor. A bit of regulating and I had it running well and keeping decent time. The downside of this piece is the case was a rather tacky plastic which I mentioned when selling.

sdtTaUx.jpg

Omega Seamaster Cosmic*

My second ever Omega and my first live non-ebay auction, part of a job lot. I had hoped to sell the rest of the job lot and get the total price down to put towards fixing this up but alas nothing else really sold (other than some pocket watches) and I ended up selling the Omega instead for an okay profit. It seemed to run but had no crown to test it and glass was the wrong size. Some damage to the dial but overall okay and original strap too! Well worth fixing up even at the buyers price!

OwzOHoz.jpg

Seiko 6139-6002

Okay so right off the bat I know a lot of you will be saying "thats aftermarket" about parts of this watch and given the condition I'd be very surprised if a lot of it wasn't. It was my birthday, I was stuck in France as lockdown was just beginning and I wanted to teat myself. It was ridiculously cheap, non runner but has some life in it. A lot of fun to wear on a nice day, hope to get a proper bracelet for it soon.

6ncufja.jpg

Seiko 7a28-7030

No sooner had I bought the above Seiko, the "quartz version" (or closest thing to it) popped up for the same price 'Buy It Now'! Evidently has had a battery leak but movement looks spotless and has the original bracelet. The seconds hand sometimes does a full sweep when inserting the battery but no signs of life other than that and minute hand is loose. Hope to get a replacement dial one day and have it serviced. Listed it for sale a bit high but only as I'm in no rush as I may keep it if it's still with me after lockdown.

CPIvv8A.jpg

Neva/ Heba

Nothing too exciting, saw it quickly and put a bid of 99p on, actually forgot about it. What I didn't check was the economy level postage extortionately priced at £7-8 and actually cost them about £2 and sent in an envelope. 

AVFFY3I.jpg

Ling 21 Prix "Chronograph"*

Had seen these about a lot and always wanted to check one out for myself, however I knew the movements were cheap and not really worth the prices they sell for when sellers suggest they are "quality chrongraphs". In actual fact they don't function chrongraph, the buttons simply stop and start the seconds hand, no resetting. Apparently they were often used by conmen who sold them as the luxury watches they appear to be - this one even had forged 18K Gold markings on both caseback and strap. Nice to wear still, a bit of fun.

H4LZciU.jpg

Omega Megaquartz*

Had seen this one sell a couple times and when it got listed again 'Buy It Now' for a bit higher I thought I'd take the gamble as a blue dial Omega had been on my list. After some research I found that these can be very costly to fix even without the battery leak issue and decided to sell it on to bring in some funds during lockdown. Dial looks really nice in person, a sort of metallic striped effect and a good feel to it.

UOlnaay.jpg

Andre Bouchard Venus 188 (Valjoux 7330) Chronograph

I saw this pop up on eBay and quickly offered a bit lower than the already rather low starting price -  a rather cheeky tactic I tend to use when starting negotiations to gauge where a sellers head is at regarding price. Seller replied to say they actually enabled offers by mistake but would honour that mistake by meeting me in the middle. After shipping and import fees I paid about their starting price. Wants a top pusher but runs absolutely spot on and keeps great time!

IhecCwb.jpg

1940's Everite King

Having just accidentally destroyed a similar looking 1940's Oris which I'd grown rather attached to, I bought this to replace it. Sold as a non-runner, have been well advised it likely just wants a new mainspring. It's in absolutely fantastic condition and came on nice vintage leather strap. Have been told some loose history about it which I've been asked not to disclose, but certainly nice to have a bit of a story to it and I hope to find out a bit more if I can.

9KTii9Z.jpg

Some very nice watches there, and nice to read about the buying/selling story. 

I particularly like the ‘Pogue’, but don’t think I’d ever wear one - a bit too bright for me. And the AD Venus chrono is lovely. 

The best for me is the 9ct Omega. I had one similar years ago, which literally fell off my wrist never to be seen again, so have kept half an eye out for another (or a stainless version) they always seem to want silly money though. One day...

Thanks for sharing. :thumbs_up:

1 hour ago, DJJazzyJeff said:

Some very nice watches there, and nice to read about the buying/selling story. 

I particularly like the ‘Pogue’, but don’t think I’d ever wear one - a bit too bright for me. And the AD Venus chrono is lovely. 

The best for me is the 9ct Omega. I had one similar years ago, which literally fell off my wrist never to be seen again, so have kept half an eye out for another (or a stainless version) they always seem to want silly money though. One day...

Thanks for sharing. :thumbs_up:

Glad you like, during lockdown I am living vicariously through other peoples finds :laugh: and thought probably worth sharing my own! I was a bit hesitant to get too specific with things as I know some of my buyers may see this and think "He made a profit therefore I paid too much" but most often I just get them cheap to begin with and sell them for a fair price.

Completely agree with your thoughts on the Pogue, in fact I didn't actually buy it initially because I liked it but simply because I knew it was ridiculously cheap (I actually offered half of the starting price of the auction) and I wanted something a little different as a birthday memento. It's actually grown on me and I enjoy wearing it a lot now!

Sorry to hear about your Omega! Mine sold for £209 (ran very fast though), not as much as I expected to make for it but perhaps was a slow day and still a profit none-the-less. I actually think the stainless steel may be more desirable than the 9k gold models from what I've seen.