• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

2018 Seamaster warranty question

I’ve asked this on the Omega forum but not had a response so far so I’ll ask it here:

I have a SMPc 300M diver that I bought new in 2018. The warranty card is dated 06/2018. When I first got it it was running 1-2 seconds fast per day which wasn't a problem as I could just pull the crown out for a second or two, push it back in and job done. Lately though, it’s running approximately 14-15 seconds per day slow. I’m sure that must be outside the accuracy limits.

A couple of questions: what should the accuracy be on this watch and how would I go about getting it looked at being as all the dealers/boutiques are closed due to lockdown?

My GS I bought in January has stopped however I emailed Berrys where I bought it from and received an email back with in minutes, reassuring me it would get looked after when Berrys and Seiko re opened.

So in a long winded way I am saying either telephone your supplier or email them, emailing gives you a paper trail as its dated.If its Chronometer certified its not running to specification.  

• Like 2

Thanks Cyclops

Update: A few days ago I competed a contact form on the Omega website and I just received this reply. At least if lockdown goes on past June when my warranty expires, I’ve registered my fault. :)

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your email and I hope you are well?

You can send your OMEGA watch direct to our
service centre for examination.  If you would like me to arrange pre-paid
fully insured packaging for you, please provide the address you would like this
sent to along with a convenient daytime contact number.  

Please be aware that as our offices are currently closed due to Covid-19, this will not be despatched until we have reopened.

Kind Regards

James Gilbert

Customer Service Advisor

The Swatch Group (UK) Limited

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Steve D UK said:

I’ve asked this on the Omega forum but not had a response so far so I’ll ask it here:

I have a SMPc 300M diver that I bought new in 2018. The warranty card is dated 06/2018. When I first got it it was running 1-2 seconds fast per day which wasn't a problem as I could just pull the crown out for a second or two, push it back in and job done. Lately though, it’s running approximately 14-15 seconds per day slow. I’m sure that must be outside the accuracy limits.

A couple of questions: what should the accuracy be on this watch and how would I go about getting it looked at being as all the dealers/boutiques are closed due to lockdown?

It's a co-axial movment isn't it? I would contact Omega quickly to book it in for a warrany service before it expires. 

The stated accuracy will be far tighter than  -14-15 secs per day. More like -2 - +5.

I was in a very similar position to you. I had a Railmaster that used to run at +3 for about 18 months but then started running at -7. I took it to an AD and they serviced it under warranty and gave me a new 2-year warranty on the service. Apparently, the escapement was under-oiled at the previous service. Omega were excellent throughout.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update. Well, it had settled down to a 'regular' -10s per day. Today, a postage paid, insured, padded package arrived from Omega. I completed the form and included my warranty card. I stated that it was losing between 10 and 16 seconds per day and I’ve always had great trouble turning the bezel but as I’m not a diver it didn’t bother me too much but as it was going back, I mentioned it on the form. I removed the strap and found that the bezel turned as smooth as silk. I then realised that by grasping the bezel at 6 and 12 o’clock and lifting slightly it turned smoothly. Oops! Been doing it wrong since I’ve had it, trying to turn it by holding it at 9 and 3 and pinching the case! 

Edited by Steve D UK