• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
TDC

Omega- Black or White?!

14 hours ago, Biker said:

Does it really need to be an Omega rubber strap, after all you are only paying all that extra money for the word omega on a buckle, which will be scratched to buggery in no time.

That is the way I look at it,

Edox quite often sell beautiful watches with nasty rubber straps, I just replace them with stock leather ones.

Of course it doesn't, and with a NATO or similar I wouldn't worry, but when replacing a bracelet with something more unique than a fabric strap I think it would make sense to at least see if a genuine one is affordable.

Also, of the scores of reviews I have read about this watch, the comfort of the rubber strap has been one of the first thing people have mentioned, so it doesn't make sense to use something different IMO.  It may be a bit like following a recipe for the perfect beef wellington but deciding to use braising steak instead of fillet!

I came across this online, the genuine rubber straps are clearly well made and have a titanium reinforced keeper, nothing visibly fancy but it shows the amount of thought/development, and the shape & proportions will be correct.  Finally with a £3-£4k watch being strapped on with it, I wouldn't want to be worrying about it breaking because I have no idea on the quality of the material- I am not an expert but know a bit about materials and that poor types of rubber can fatigue and/or perish very quickly, this does not happen with fabric straps but I would be concerned with a cheap rubber strap of unknown origin.

strap-with-titanium-strengthener-jpg.759

• Like 2

I love the blue on the omega although white dials are becoming very popular on all timepiece brands at the moment .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So... I gave in and the white 300M arrived today!  Couldn't be happier, the details are immense and everything is so crisp and sharp it "ticks" all the boxes for the smart casual watch I was after!

20200627-112508.jpg

20200627-112530.jpg

• Like 3

Tbh in those photos the white dial looks amazing. I just wish they made it in a 40mm but then again I’ve heard it wears smaller than the dimensions because of the turned down lugs. 

im torn on whether to aim for a 300m or 39.5mm planet ocean next. Both are stunning 

Previously I hunted down an Oris TT1 with a white face, got it really liked it, but that wore off really quickly and sold it, back to blue or black, I agree with previous if you have a collection get a white face in there for the days you are in the mood, sadly I’m a 1 or second cheap watch so that is possibly why I sold it. If I could afford a collection a white one would be in there,  or a daily wearer

That's a nice movement in a great looking watch, still like richy176 I'm a fan of white dials having seen just too many black ones over the last few years and having a predominantly black dialled collection myself. Here's my one....

50037559123_2e884ab6a9_o.jpg

Edited by artistmike
  • Like 1

Thanks all, for me it is a bit different as most of my watches are black dialled too, the rubber strap is very comfy, my only gripe is that the clasp is fiddly to use but I guess it makes it more secure on the wrist!

Also to be very picky the lume at the end of the skeleton minute hand lands right on top of the hour markers, so at night it can be difficult to find the minute hand.  For a diving watch with a prominent HRV it does seem daft to compromise the low light visibility for cosmetic reasons, but then how many really go diving?!

Looks gorgeous! I would have advised the black, but those close ups of the white are lovely!

Re. the lume - does the entire minute hand not light up rather that just the tip?

The hands are skeletal and although the sides glow, they either lose the effect faster or just don't produce enough to be prominent. It is not an issue, just not as easy to glance at in the dark as some other watches!

• Thanks 1