• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

First post. 

Yesterday I was extremely excited to receive my new Seiko Turtle Padi SRPA21K1.

Thought it was an absolute bargain as was in sale plus 25% off and another £20 discount code brought it down to approx £270. Sounded to good to be true, well yes it was.

The shop had 5 in stock, I thought about it for a few days then checked only 1 left in stock so I pulled the trigger. 

So yesterday the watch arrived, opened the packaging and there was a white box opened that and revealed a white watch box. Now I thought that's strange as all the reviews and youtube vids I had seen the watch came in a special edition black Padi box. 

Ok so still really excited to see my new watch. Tried it on and if I'm honest thought the strap was a little on the cheap side for a rrp £429 watch. Anyway thought yes looks nice on the wrist. Took it back off to adjust the time. Started to unscrew the crown and felt like grinding metal. The thread was rough as ! ! ! ! Felt absolutely gutted tried screwing the crown back and forth but definitely something not right.

So anyway noticed the outer box had a number on it it was from a ladies Seiko ! Then looked at instructions they were from a solar quartz watch. 

So theres my experience with my first ever Sieko

ABSOLUTELY GUTTED.

Sorry dont know how to attach photos.

Sorry meant to add Isent it back today for a refund. :(

Hi and welcome!

I’m sorry to hear about your experience, and understand that it might put you off the brand, but try not to let it. There are plenty of fake Turtles out there. Did you buy from a reputable source?

I got mine (below) earlier this year from an AD about £100 less than RRP, it came in the PADI box, with a correctly stamped warranty card and I love the watch. 

I hope you get it sorted. 

49775573873_4ac92c06e5_b.jpg

And on its original bracelet. 

IMG_1021

Seiko padi turtle is a beauty but sounds like this was not the experience you’d expect, I think the issues are more to do with the reseller rather than the manufacturer ( seiko )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Gave mine a little run put today too! Mine needed attention after the first week.

IMG-0065-039.jpg

1 hour ago, Nickshangs said:

Seiko padi turtle is a beauty but sounds like this was not the experience you’d expect, I think the issues are more to do with the reseller rather than the manufacturer ( seiko )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

19 hours ago, Blackjacksurf said:

Started to unscrew the crown and felt like grinding metal. 

Mine is the same hasn't got any better or worse. The box issue is the retailer's problem. I had the same, and got a new box and papers supplied via the manufacturer. The bracelets are poor, mine is now on a "rubber" waffle strap. Don't let one bad supplier put you off.

I cant believe it. Just recieved my refund from Watchshop and surprise surprise they now have one back in stock!!! How can they get away with selling faulty goods?